headers take shape

Started by nzsimon, April 26, 2004, 11:52:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob K

Nice post and very nice work Simon. Thanks.

B 8) B
Have you ever wondered how your mother knew enough about people like me to warn you about us?

nzsimon

Bought one of those black and decker electric file today to sand/grind/dress all the welds on the headers what a cool tool it chews through belts like theres no tomorrow but I may never hand sand or file anything again
Funny thing happened when I was on my way to buy it pulled up to an intersection and there was a big group of Island youths doing the windscreen wash thing at the lights
One of them came towards me while I was still moving and I gestured no
As i went past him he whacked my car with his windscreen wash thing well I saw red and yanked the handbrake on slid a few feet threw the car door open and emerged with the red mist descending in my brain

He rapidly apologised and backed up when he saw the look on my face and promptly took to his heels I chased him down the road for a hundred or so feet  I have no idea what would have happened If I caught him as I am 5' 6" and he was a 15 stone Samoan  I was so annoyed I called the cops and when I went passed after getting my file thingy a patrol car had them all lined up looked rather sheepish

anyway here is a pic of the father in laws 34 he has hand made just about everything even replumbed the chevy injection to tidy it all up it is about a smidgen from being on the road and is one of the nicest rods I have ever seen I am of course biased
Just because it\'s written down doesn\'t make it true

nzsimon

here is the front view all hand made suspension stainless everywhere half finished home built stainless grill Note the indicators in the end of the chassis rails
Just because it\'s written down doesn\'t make it true

jaybee

Nice work in all the photos, I've been impressed with everything you've shown.  Those headers are purty!  Very graceful looking, the bends really flow well visually.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)