Looking for a gas cap.

Started by phat46, May 15, 2004, 01:26:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phat46

I need a gas cap for my truck project. The filler neck i am using is from the original '41 ford truck tank. I though it would be no problem to find a cap at a parts store, but no such luck. It seem it takes a larger than standard cap. I was hoping maybe someone here might have a cap that would fit. The opening is 1 7/8" wide, the area where the "ears" on the cap are is 2 1/4"  Nothing I have come up with is this big, they all fall off even after you " tighten" it.If you have something and are willing to part with it let me know the price.

phat46

Quote from: "phat46"I need a gas cap for my truck project.  

Nevermind, I had a brainstorm after I posted this request. ...Tractor Supply....They had two caps in stock, one was a perfect fit.
 As an aside, I submitted this post on Saturday and didn't see it till today, Sunday morning. I checked several times later saturday to add that i had found a cap.  Not a complaint, just curious as to why such a lag in the posting times; maybe I wasn't doing something right to see the post after i had submitted it, although I did close the page and re-open it and refresh.....

C9

Quote from: "phat46"

Nevermind, I had a brainstorm after I posted this request. ...Tractor Supply....They had two caps in stock, one was a perfect fit.
 As an aside, I submitted this post on Saturday and didn't see it till today, Sunday morning. I checked several times later saturday to add that i had found a cap.  Not a complaint, just curious as to why such a lag in the posting times; maybe I wasn't doing something right to see the post after i had submitted it, although I did close the page and re-open it and refresh.....

Tractor stores be good places.... 8)

I had a post a while back that didn't show up and when reposted that didn't show up either.
Next, double post.

The initial post on my T-400 Yoke question didn't go through and didn't show up the next day.
The new one I posted came back right away.
C9

Sailing the turquoise canyons of the Arizona desert.

Dave

Quote from: "phat46"

Mine seems to come up every time. We did find out some usefull information on how the customer service end of the board works while we were at Franks Saturday. George took a couple pics but I havent seen em posted yet. Maybe if you ask him he will show you the pics on how to get help quick..
Dave :lol:

purplepickup

Quote from: "phat46"As an aside, I submitted this post on Saturday and didn't see it till today, Sunday morning......just curious as to why such a lag in the posting times.....

Joe, when that happens to me, I click on my own profile then click on "Find all posts by me" and the one I posted will be in there right on top.  I just click on it and it shows up on the board.

I'm not sure that Fat Cat knows why some don't show up either.
George