Wikipedia

Started by 58Apache, August 14, 2007, 11:02:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

58Apache

I was looking on Wikipedia and found an article on Hot rods, that mentions Street Rods, and even links to a very short article on the NSRA Nats in Louisville.

If you're not familiar with what WikiPedia is, it's a place to establish an online encyclopedia, where anyone with knowledge on a subject can add or edit an article. It's an unbiased knowledge base for reference.

Like I said, ANYONE with knowledge can add or edit an article, last time I checked. So it would be nice if some of you long time rodders contributed some of your knowledge for history's sake.

Some of the issues I had about what is there, is the article on Hot Rods mentions how much the Swede's are into it, but our friends down under aren't even mentioned. But few articles on Street rodding actually exists.

Also, some pics and more information can be added to the NSRA Nats linked page.

Here's my original site that I found:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hot_rod

Steve

Carnut

Quote from: "58Apache"I was looking on Wikipedia and found an article on Hot rods, that mentions Street Rods, and even links to a very short article on the NSRA Nats in Louisville.

If you're not familiar with what WikiPedia is, it's a place to establish an online encyclopedia, where anyone with knowledge on a subject can add or edit an article. It's an unbiased knowledge base for reference.

Like I said, ANYONE with knowledge can add or edit an article, last time I checked. So it would be nice if some of you long time rodders contributed some of your knowledge for history's sake.

Some of the issues I had about what is there, is the article on Hot Rods mentions how much the Swede's are into it, but our friends down under aren't even mentioned. But few articles on Street rodding actually exists.

Also, some pics and more information can be added to the NSRA Nats linked page.

Here's my original site that I found:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hot_rod

Steve

Well, yes it would be nice to try get correct info on Wiki whenever possible, but it is far from objective or unbiased.

http://www.wired.com/politics/onlinerights/news/2007/08/wiki_tracker

UGLY OLDS

QuoteLike I said, ANYONE with knowledge can add or edit an article

Gee Steve...Doesn't this mean about 80%  of us are "non-qualified"  :?:  :?:  :lol:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

58Apache

Quote from: UGLY OLDS
QuoteLike I said, ANYONE with knowledge can add or edit an article
[/color]
Gee Steve...Doesn't this mean about 80%  of us are "non-qualified"  :?:  :?:  :lol:
[/color]

How modest!  Actually this is a good way for those of you who lived it and created it, to pass it on to posterity and make a reference for all.

...and as for the bias, we all have biases and different perceptions. But that's why the editing of the article by others makes it theoretically possible to obtain an unbiased article. If several people add and change articles, you should get a mix of information from different points of view.

If you look at those articles I mentioned, it's obvious they can be improved. And who better to improve them than those who live it? I'm just a relative newcomer and only slighty more than a beginner, but I fell that even i could improve on what's there. If I can some, most of you can a lot!

Steve