Buffer sander polisher

Started by Dave, August 07, 2007, 06:16:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

I need one... Suggestions ... Cheap prices....
TIA
Dave :wink:  :arrow:

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "jusjunk"I need one... Suggestions ... Cheap prices....
TIA

get one with a wool bonnet  :lol:

fun for the whole family :oops:

I got an orbital one for Fathers Day a couple years ago, its a P.O.S. :x

I'm thinkin' about looking for one that looks like an angle grinder. :)

if ya find a good one, let me know where ya got it, or better yet, it would make a nice Birthday present :roll:
seein' how yer gonna miss my BD this year. ( its tomorrow) :P  :P

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

Dave

Quote from: "EMSjunkie"
TIA

if ya find a good one, let me know where ya got it, or better yet, it would make a nice Birthday present :roll:

Vance

Dave :arrow:

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "jusjunk"
Quote from: "EMSjunkie"
TIA

Vance

Gee Dave, you shouldn't have......................extra fat :idea:

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

Rayvyn

I got mine from Advanced Auto Parts about 3 years ago. Right angle grinder type, variable speed. I think I paid about $69.00 on sale. I lent it to a friend of mine to use on his boat, and his d@mned dog chewed the cord while it was plugged in. It burned his gums and sent him yelping, but didn't hurt him bad. He just runs from his own shadow now and climbs the curtain when you turn on the blender.
Then my friend got shocked because the idiot used the thing after the dog did, and was polishing up the hull when it was wet. Does Team Smart take honorary civilian members?

I don't loan tools out anymore...I replaced the cord and it's been in the toolbox for 2 years now. It is a neat little tool though... :D

I think Walmart sells them also, but they're made in China, assembled in Mexico and come with a Uzebekistan motor.
Did ya check Eastwood... :?:
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

Dave

Quote from: "Rayvyn"I got mine from Advanced Auto Parts about 3 years ago. Right angle grinder type, variable speed. I think I paid about $69.00 on sale. I lent it to a friend of mine to use on his boat, and his d@mned dog chewed the cord while it was plugged in. It burned his gums and sent him yelping, but didn't hurt him bad. He just runs from his own shadow now and climbs the curtain when you turn on the blender.
Then my friend got shocked because the idiot used the thing after the dog did, and was polishing up the hull when it was wet. Does Team Smart take honorary civilian members?

I don't loan tools out anymore...I replaced the cord and it's been in the toolbox for 2 years now. It is a neat little tool though... :D

I think Walmart sells them also, but they're made in China, assembled in Mexico and come with a Uzebekistan motor.
Did ya check Eastwood... :?:

Now thats the best story ive heard in a long time Bry..  No I havent but for quality makita dewalt or milwalkee (spelling) egay is the place. Ya gotta remember when dealing on egay .. They sell it cheaper and they dont wharehouse it and they can drop ship too. No store =no overhead and cheap prices..

Dave  :arrow:  :wink:

slocrow

I haven't bought one yet from HF just because I'm a little nervous of that low price but.......................one could buy two or three and still be under priced..........Frank
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

Dave

Quote from: "slocrow"I haven't bought one yet from HF just because I'm a little nervous of that low price but.......................one could buy two or three and still be under priced..........Frank

Frank just make sure they have bearings in the head and not bushings.. If they have bushings just go out to the corner and hand out money to the homeless.
Dave :wink:

kb426

This is the one I bought. It's been through a couple of major projects and is still going. http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=92623
TEAM SMART

MrMopar64

Quote from: "kb426"This is the one I bought. It's been through a couple of major projects and is still going. http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=92623

Thats the same one I've got...... So far so good  :wink:

MM64  8)
www.rgkustoms.com
www.rg-kustoms.com
Racing.... Because Baseball, Football, & Basketball
Only Require One Ball..... Gotta Race
  :lol:

Leon

I bought a Milwaukee and have been very pleased with it.  The one I have has variable speed.  It costs a few bucks more, but I figure that anything I'm going to use to cut a brand new paint job better work right.  I don't want to take the chance that a cheaper tool would have a bushing fail and I end up ruining a paint job.  I know there isn't a big chance of that happening, but why take the chance.  It's one of the tools that I don't want to scrimp on.

Dave

Quote from: "Leon"I bought a Milwaukee and have been very pleased with it.  The one I have has variable speed.  It costs a few bucks more, but I figure that anything I'm going to use to cut a brand new paint job better work right.  I don't want to take the chance that a cheaper tool would have a bushing fail and I end up ruining a paint job.  I know there isn't a big chance of that happening, but why take the chance.  It's one of the tools that I don't want to scrimp on.

Well Leon im with you.. I could get the H/F one and hopefully get more use than just this car outta it or I could get a milwaukee or a makita or a dewalt and hopefully never buy one again. The difference =  price and quality.. I got time to research some more..
Dave

Dave

Ok just beacuse we were about 1/2 mile away at the harley shop in SLC today we stopped at H/F and i thought id look at the buffer you guys mentioned as its on sale for like 29 bucks right now.. well they didnt have one so tomorrow i may run up north here in ogden and see if they have the one you guys have.. I did kinda figure hell 29 bucks i could toss it if it quit :-o  :-o I may just call em in the morning rather than waste another  ride 8)  8) I could order it and possibly have it when i get home but the mail everything and the post office doesnt like to leave the big stuff at my house..

C9

I have an older Craftsman two speed 9" right angle sander-polisher.

Works great for knocking the paint off a panel etc., but it's too powerful for an amateur paint rubber-outer like me.
Not to mention the weight gets old after a while.

I ended up buying a Wen 7" polisher.
It's pretty light, wool bonnets etc. adapt to it easily and it's light enough you're not gonna burn through the paint unless you're really not paying attention.
It's non-orbital.
C9

Sailing the turquoise canyons of the Arizona desert.

Dave

Quote from: "C9"I have an older Craftsman two speed 9" right angle sander-polisher.

Works great for knocking the paint off a panel etc., but it's too powerful for an amateur paint rubber-outer like me.
Not to mention the weight gets old after a while.

I ended up buying a Wen 7" polisher.
It's pretty light, wool bonnets etc. adapt to it easily and it's light enough you're not gonna burn through the paint unless you're really not paying attention.
It's non-orbital.

I have one of them also and its got  a bad switch and its heavy.. I used to bump and paint so i know how to use it but yes its heavy and the newer stuff is a lot lighter.. thats the main reason im looking and the variable speed is sweet too.