Roll Call after the storm

Started by Dave, May 21, 2004, 04:29:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

How did yall do with the storm that passed through today? Took me longer to get home cause of downed trees and power lines. It looked like it was bad in northern indiana and ohio also.. Ive got some limbs down in the back year but every thing else seems ok. We got hammered last nite too and i heard today that detroit had a lot of standing water. Ill have to watch the news tonite..
Dave

Fat Cat

Lotsa rain, even more wind, and watched a couple of unknown to me garbage cans fly through the neighborhood. We did loose power for about 1/2 hour and the kids were held at school for an extra hour.

HotRodLadyCrusr

Faired fine here just TONS of rain.  Came down harder then I've ever seen it.  Lots of folks in my office went into the conference room for the duration.  I stood by the window and watched.  Very cool cuz I was dry.  I kept thinking to myself..... sure glad I didn't drive Big Olds to work today like I did yesterday!  :D  

Suppose to drive Big Olds up to Tonys at Birch Run to meet some HAMB guys for breakfast in the morning.  They're calling for more of the same weather all weekend.  Then on to Fab32's place to design and make some custom bumper brackets.  Really need Big Olds there.  Not looking forward to having to drive in more weather like we just had.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

Fift4fe

Whew!

I just came home about 1 hour ago.  We have been busy since the storm hit our area about 4 pm.  High winds, rain, hail, wires and trees down.  I still have one engine company out, watching live wires that are down.  The sky turned that scary green and outside lights on photo sensors came on due to the darkness this afternoon.  No injuries, no deaths in our area.

Water everywhere.  Underpasses flooded, traffic a mess due to traffic lights out.  It took my daughter 2 hours to get home from work which usually takes 20 minutes.

The weather guessers are predicting another storm later tonight.  Im going to bed.  We'll probably be up all night if another storm hits.

Be Safe
OVER!
OVER?

Did we say it was over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

Dolly

You are more than welcome to send some of that rain down here to us.

Whoever heard of water restrictions in the middle of winter?
Dolly

It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

moparrodder

Quote from: "Fift4fe"Whew!

I just came home about 1 hour ago.  We have been busy since the storm hit our area about 4 pm.  High winds, rain, hail, wires and trees down.  I still have one engine company out, watching live wires that are down.  The sky turned that scary green and outside lights on photo sensors came on due to the darkness this afternoon.  No injuries, no deaths in our area.
Dave, I'm glad that nobody got hurt up there!  Yes ya have some more storms headed your way, we've been put in a tornado watch untill 2am our time and the radar looks like crap!  Maybe a rough night yet! :(  I know what ya mean by being up a long time when it's storming.  Just keep it safe, we want you around for a long time!!  I'll email you when the weather calms down and shoot the breeze one firefighter to another!! :)   Catch ya later!  Bill

SKR8PN

Just got our phone sesrvic back at 9:00 this morning. One of my Maple trees took a pretty good hit and tore down a bunch of phone lines and power lines. What a mess...........but at least the tree missed the house and the cars. Half of Mansfield still doesn't have power.
If we are what we eat.........
Then I am fast,cheap and easy.