This is getting better all the time!!!!

Started by Dave, August 06, 2007, 12:22:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Knoxville Iowa and the knoxville nationals sprint car races this wed thru saturday :D  :D  I may have to change my plans a bit and swing in wed nite just to say I made it to knoxville raceway :!:  I can go to lincoln thursday and then visit the speedway motors museum then or friday. I wont have a place to stay near knoxville so i may have to drive a bit when i leave the track to find a room :lol:
Dave :wink:

EMSjunkie

Can ya pick me up an I-beam front axle while yer there :?:

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

Dave

Quote from: "EMSjunkie"Can ya pick me up an I-beam front axle while yer there :?:

Vance

Hell ya ........ it will fit in the prand prix.. You want the hairpin job right ?
I really should make a list of some goodies i need..

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "jusjunk"
Quote from: "EMSjunkie"Can ya pick me up an I-beam front axle while yer there :?:

Vance

Hell ya ........ it will fit in the prand prix.. You want the hairpin job right ?
I really should make a list of some goodies i need..

that would be great!!!
go ahead and pay for it, I'll catch up with ya later 8)  :lol:

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

48ford

Dave,
We stay up in Pella and you can't get a room there ,or in Knoxville or oskaloosa, we used to stay out in  des  moines.
I know you can get a room there but it's realy a run.
I would not hesitate to let you stay with us but we have 3 people in the room now!
I'm sorry that I can't help you out.
Russ

Dave

Quote from: "48ford"Dave,
We stay up in Pella and you can't get a room there ,or in Knoxville or oskaloosa, we used to stay out in  des  moines.
I know you can get a room there but it's realy a run.
I would not hesitate to let you stay with us but we have 3 people in the room now!
I'm sorry that I can't help you out.
Russ

Well Russ we might just drive out a ways after the races wed nite and find a place to stay. I figure being a wed it shouldnt be too bad finding a room.. All is good and sue gave the ok last night ... Ill prolly get in town about 3 or 4 in the afternoon and fint the track and go from there..
Dave :arrow:  :arrow:

48ford

Dave,
If you don't have a ticket, Don't buy one from the scalpers at the gate.
Walk inside the gate,past the shirt venders and go to the ticket window on the left(brick building under the grand stands). They check your ticket as you start up the grandstand,not as you go in the gate where the scalpers are.
Save your self some bucks.. They used to sell them for all the nights as a block,now you can get them for just one night.
Best parking is in the grocery store  called HI VEE across the street(boy scouts charge$5.00)
It's a zoo to get out of town,so you may want to look in the sprint car museum and let some of the cars thin out.
You can eat at the track,at the Hi Vee,or next to the museum
Or get a beer at the SMALL bar across from the front gate to the track.
We are heading out at 5:00 in the morning and will get ther in time to grab a bite to eat and get to the track.
Russ

Dave

48ford

Dave,
P/m Back at you.
Have a safe trip.
Russ