Souhern Cal and Chrysler 300C Hemi

Started by 48builder, July 23, 2007, 12:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

48builder

Just got back from 11 days in SoCal. Rented a Chrysler 300 with the Hemi. Man, what a beautiful car. If it wasn't a Chrylser product I could consider buying one. I sure appreciated its power while dricing out there. Put 2500 miles on it travelling up the coast and inland to Sequoia and Tehachapi. Had a great time but don't know how you guys that live there put up with the traffic.

Walt
'48 Chevy Custom sedan in progress-Z28 LT1 drivetrain, chopped, shortened, too many other body mods to list
'39 Chevy driver

BFS57

Hello;
Sorry to say the the car you had, the Chrysler 300 may be great to drive but don't get hit in one! I have seen a couple local accidents involving this car and it does not hold up well to accidents.
First one I saw involved it with a Van, all the doors were gone! Just fell off! Doesn't seem safe to me!
I had a 2000 Chrysler Concorde. Really a nice car, or so I thought. This car was without a doubt the worst car I have ever owned! The Air conditioning went out! the transmission went out! The hood had rust through! I couldn't fix this car fast enough and trade it off for something else! I did and came out ok. Now whenever I drive around I don't see many of these cars still on the road! Another example of why I would never purchase a Chrysler product, ever!

Bruce

phat46

Kinda funny how certain people have troubles with certain brands. My horror stories are all with G.M. At one time I was their biggest fan, but after three lemons in a row i had to try something else. I bought a used Dodge van that we nicknamed Old Reliable. I used it several  times to go get my wife after her newly purchased Pontiac quit. I got rid of the pontiac at 53K ...after I had to have new bearings put in the engine...and it was on the thrid fuelpump and was rusting out from under us faster than i could fix it! After that it was nothing but Dodges for us. After four of them without any troubles I decided to try G.M. once again. Two weeks after we got an '07 Vue it wouldn't start, because you coundn't turn the key!!!! My '02 Dodge Ram is still on the original brakes; the only thing, other than normal maintenance items, that I've replaced on it are the tires, the original Goodyears were terrible in snow. It just went out of warrentee so i probably just jinxed myself!!!!!  :roll:

enjenjo

I drove Buicks and Olds for years, the last Buick I had, an 88 Rivi was a piece of junk. In the meantime I had bought a Dodge Caravan, I liked it so well that I bought a Chrysler Concorde for my next car. It was so bad I traded it after three years and only 70,000 miles. Lots of electrical and front end problems. I then bought a Pontiac, which I have been driving for 7 years. Outside of attracting parking lot hits, it has been a good car.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Bib_Overalls

We rented a Dodge Charger with the V6 last month.  Seemed to be underpowered.  And the steering wheel adjustment was shoddy.

Wife drives a Caddy CTS (her 3rd) and is talking about getting an 08.  My 92 V8 Dodge Dakota has been a mixed bag.  Good power and solid construction.  But I have experenced a lot of ignition problems.  Replaced the coil twice.

Looking for a replacement.  Not intrested in a full size.  But need towing capability.  Suggestions?
An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks

Fat Cat

Quote from: "Bib_Overalls"Looking for a replacement.  Not intrested in a full size.  But need towing capability.  Suggestions?

Toyota Tacoma or Nissian Titan would be at the top of my list if I were looking at a new one.

Husker

Been driving Chryslers for years. I have had good luck and I have had bad luck. Ran into the same thing with the GMs I have had and the Fords as well.

Road back and forth to work in a cheap KIA for several years, 150K and the thing was never touched other than regular scheduled maintenance. that is sad guys!