Proper Way To Hook Up A Fifth Wheeler

Started by Bib_Overalls, July 25, 2007, 12:47:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bib_Overalls

Friend sent this to me.  Text below came with the pictures.  At first, I thought about taking credit for this.  You know, to increase my chances of joining TEAM SMART.  But there was no way I could fool the selection committee.  You all know I'm not this clever.

Bib

-------------------------------------------------------------

Hooked up and ready to fly!! I'm sure this really smoothes out the ride in the truck.

He did have to air up the rear tires a bit (around 160 psi) and the guy added some heavy-duty chain for extra support on the tailgate (note that he used the "Severe-Duty 'S' hooks to attach the chain). He went the extra mile and paid-up for some BIG 5/16 sheet metal screws to attach the frame to the tailgate.

Sure, his attention to detail is somewhat overkill, but I'm sure he's just doing his part to avoid any accidents on the highways of this great nation. Much of his time was spent on the front porch whittling down that MASSIVE 4x4 board to fit precisely into the ball mount receiver.

Also note that he used a 14" chunk of 1x4 to distribute the load more evenly--YOU CAN'T BE TOO SAFE, YOU KNOW!!  It costs a little more, but you just can't be too safe when pulling a trailer of this magnitude ... with your seven kids inside, no less!!
An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks

enjenjo

The ingenuity astounds me. He took every thing into account except his own stupidity. :lol:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "enjenjo"The ingenuity astounds me. He took every thing into account except his own stupidity. :lol:

somebody needs to take his tools away from him :shock:

this guy from Michigan :?:

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

58 Yeoman

Rest easy.  He probably replaced the hardline brakeline going to the rear brakes with a section of air hose he had laying around in the garage. :wink:
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Dave

Ok what sate is the plate from ???
Fla maybe
Dave :arrow:

UGLY OLDS

Gee...You guy's are right.... :?  :?  Leaving the upper window closed like that can be dangerous.. :!:  :!:  ( Catch's exhaust fume's you know ..... )  :shock:  :shock:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

EMSjunkie

I wanna watch him turn :shock:

that should be a hoot :lol:  :lol:

Vance

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders

sirstude

Looks like an older Utah plate to me.
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

Rayvyn

Ya'll ar maken funna Mommas house, en it ain't ratt... :x

Et ain't her falt the deevelapers bawt da trayler park en tol ever one ta git owt... :x

We was gunna fix it up fer her, and park et nex ta my sister Parises trayler, so's dem 7 or 8 kids wood have mor room ta play in when da rayn falls... :roll:

Bud Momma sed she wood move in wit Paris en babysit fer her, because affer all, Paris is almos 16, and itz abowt time she got off her beer drinkin chayne smokin butt en gotta job... :)

Momma waz gunna give da trayler to Team Smart so's dey wood have sumpin to use fer al dem car shows and parts meets yuns all got, but sinse ya made funna her, sheez headed ta Arcansaw to retire. Ever sinse she saw dat teevee info mershal wit dat Chips guy Eric Estrada, she when an took all da munny outta da bank, bought a kartin of Marlboros, a case a Budwiser, filled up da tank en hedded north. We all towled her nut ta go, but wen she's mad en makes up her mind, der ain't no stoppin her... :0-0  

Once she gits to Alanta she only hasta make 1 lef tern, so she shood be alrawt... );b(
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

Dave

I particularly like the tailgate bracing that runs down to the tow hitch, anyone know where I can get me one?

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "Dave"I particularly like the tailgate bracing that runs down to the tow hitch, anyone know where I can get me one?

Those are only available in the states. :D
not for export.

we don't want to share our technology :oops:

Vance

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders