Lookin' for ideas

Started by teal32, July 18, 2007, 06:51:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

teal32

I'm starting to think about thing to change on the '40 Chevy this Winter. I'm pretty sure I want to change the color from Torch Red. I want something that will make it a little different. Thinking of Emerald Green. Anybody got some ideas?
Your drug test came back positive...Welcome aboard!

Don\'t get to close....I\'m alergic to stupid

Dave

Quote from: "teal32"I'm starting to think about thing to change on the '40 Chevy this Winter. I'm pretty sure I want to change the color from Torch Red. I want something that will make it a little different. Thinking of Emerald Green. Anybody got some ideas?

Ya ... pink or ochre or lavender...  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
flat gay pink........
Nah i gots no ideas im still trying to come up with a color for the roadster and ill be ready to paint the frame next week.
Dave 8)

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "teal32"Thinking of Emerald Green. Anybody got some ideas?

Back  in the later 70's I had a '66 Ranchero that was emerald green 'flake.

I have always liked the darker greens :)

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

Dave

Is this a coupe or a sedan? some colors lend them selves to different body styles. I also like green but i wonder if the emrald green wouldnt be too dark? What I do like is some of the new greens im seeing on the highway on the daily drivers these days. Ive seen quite a bit of a light green metallic thats really pretty but not over whelming. I cant even remember what car I saw it on right now :?: I just liked it :!: Looking at colors on the road i see some really nice ones that would be really different on a hot rod cause no one else has done it yet. Going to the ppg store for factory colors gets pricey though. Im going cheap with mine and try and use kirker cause ive already got thier epoxy primer and hi fill primer so id like to finish with paint and clear from them also. Choices are limited but the price is right.
Dave

Oh ya ive already done this but they also have a purple.. You know how I like bright flames.. They look sweet on purple.

39deluxe

I think that you're on the right track with the darker colors on a '40 Chevy. Lighter colors just don't do them justice. Greens seem to be gaining in popularity lately so that would be a decent choice. I have been driving past a '40 2 door for several years and have built it in my mind's eye many times over. I have decided on '60 Corvette Honduros Maroon but that has always been one of my favorites.

Tom

teal32

Sorry it took so long to reply. The '40 Chevy is a coupe. Right now it's Torch Red, with a very small amount to orange. Didn't want anybody to confuse it with a Corvette. I want it to be different than most other '40's that I've seen. It seems like most of them are red, black or yellow. Not that those are bad, but I hate it when I pull into a show or cruise and park beside a car the same color as mine.
Your drug test came back positive...Welcome aboard!

Don\'t get to close....I\'m alergic to stupid