car collection discovered in a BARN!

Started by alchevy, July 28, 2007, 11:19:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alchevy

A friend of mine sent me this on Friday:
All you have to do is find a few Die-Hards on sale someplace..

absolutely incredible.....

Somebody sure got lucky!  Look at the index first unless you are
really a car buff.  Too bad about the available light photography .  .

A True "Car in the Barn" Story

Imagine you're going to live in Portugal.  You buy a lovely
farmhouse set on a decent plot of land.  The place has been empty for 15
years. While exploring your new property you enter the large barn.  The> door is padlocked and welded shut and it's all rusted solid.  So you
grind the padlock and the welding off and  .  .  .

click here:
 http://www.intuh.net/barnfinds/afa70.htm
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

Crosley.In.AZ

i first saw this a year ago.

seems like it was on the HAMB bbs where I found the link.

plenty of different cars  there
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Dave

Quote from: "Crosley"i first saw this a year ago.

seems like it was on the HAMB bbs where I found the link.

plenty of different cars  there

Dunno if it was a year ago tony but good call its been around for a long time and it keeps comming up on the hamb from time to time.. I guess its a true story but its worn out its welcome with me..
Dave :arrow:  :wink:  :arrow:

HotRodLadyCrusr

Yep, saw it on the HAMB awhile ago.  A moderator locked down the last post about a week or so ago because it had been discussed to death.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

Glen

Do you guys ever use www.snopes.com most of the email you rcv that run around are false.  Pick a subject and search the site, you will find most of the emails you rcv are fake.  This barn story is fake.  It is a car dealer that asked someone to photograph his stuff.

The latest is this car story, the worlds biggest dog, the worlds largest cat, and the one about Ollie North telling us during his trial to watch for Osama.

http://www.snopes.com/photos/automobiles/barnfind.asp

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "Glen"Do you guys ever use www.snopes.com most of the email you rcv that run around are false.  Pick a subject and search the site, you will find most of the emails you rcv are fake.  This barn story is fake.  It is a car dealer that asked someone to photograph his stuff.

The latest is this car story, the worlds biggest dog, the worlds largest cat, and the one about Ollie North telling us during his trial to watch for Osama.

http://www.snopes.com/photos/automobiles/barnfind.asp

but........ whom do we check with on snopes.com  for accuracy?

:arrow:  :wink:  :wink:  :!:  :idea:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Carnut

Oh geese, guys, ain't you all ever heard that  'making a good story better' is an honored and age old bench racing tradition that this new fangled internet thing has just made faster and better?

enjenjo

Doesn't bother me, I'm used to it. Spent many years around truck drivers.

The difference between a fairy tale, and a truck driver story? The fairy tale begins "once upon a time", a truck driver story begins " you ain't gonna believe this".

Does anyone know what a load of dispatcher  brains is?
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Rayvyn

Quote from: "enjenjo"Doesn't bother me, I'm used to it. Spent many years around truck drivers.

The difference between a fairy tale, and a truck driver story? The fairy tale begins "once upon a time", a truck driver story begins " you ain't gonna believe this".

Manure.............................. :!:
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

enjenjo

Quote from: "Rayvyn"
Quote from: "enjenjo"Doesn't bother me, I'm used to it. Spent many years around truck drivers.

Manure.............................. :!:

Nope!

Dave

And if your reading playboy or penthouse the story always starts with I never believed it could have happened to me.  :!:
Truck drivers have an I/Q 14 points below plant life ,I do know that..
Dave

Mac

Quote from: "enjenjo"

Uh, an empty trailer?
Who\'s yer Data?

enjenjo

Quote from: "Mac"
Quote from: "enjenjo"

Uh, an empty trailer?

Yup, also know as sail boat fuel. :lol:

donsrods

[quote="enjenjo" The fairy tale begins "once upon a time", a truck driver story begins " you ain't gonna believe this".

And a rednecks story begins "here, hold my beer and watch this."  :D  :D  :shock:

Don

alchevy

I figured as much. That's one problem with the internet. You don't know what to believe anymore.

It's on the internet, so it's got to be true.

Yeah, right!
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com