BBQ pics and a question

Started by enjenjo, July 11, 2007, 10:25:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

Here's a couple pictures of the new cover we made for the grille, needs some polishing, but it works.

Also, I am having trouble setting up the new burners. One is working fine, but the other burns way too yellow.  so is a yellow flame too much air, or not enough. I'm going to try a different valve tomorrow.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

HotRodLadyCrusr

Does the cover come off for traveling??  Doesn't seem like the top would close properly with that cover attached.

GREAT job on it by the way.  You spoil us.

Will you be attending Speed Week this year?
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

river1

from the internet

What causes a yellow flame in my gas grill and how can I fix it?

A yellow flame in a gas grill can be caused by one of two things: an improper air/propane mixture or a dirty burner.

Try adjusting the air vent behind the control knob on your gas grill to allow more or less air to be mixed with the propane and will generally result in a blue flame. (A blue flame with yellow tips is optimal for grilling.)

If adjusting the air vent yields no results, you will need to clean out your burner. Even brand new burners can be clogged, usually with dust or other particles from storage or transit.

A couple of blasts with an air compressor through your gas grill's air vent should be enough flush out anything that may be clogging the burner.

If you don't have an air compressor handy a garden hose may be used instead. However, if you use a garden hose you will need to dump the water out of the burner and allow the gas grill to dry for approximately 30 minutes before the gas grill can be used.

another from the net

QuoteIf the flame is significantly yellow in color, then you are not getting the appropriate amount of LP gas in the air /LP gas mixture. This could be a result of a blocked burner from grease drip-pings or from insects building a nest inside the burner or burner opening.

maybe the regulator is too small for the burner?

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

river1

can you swap the burners, see if the problem travels with the burner?

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

enjenjo

Denise, you open it, and slide the cover to the left, and it comes off.

Thanks Jim, I'll try some of that stuff, along with other things.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "river1"can you swap the burners, see if the problem travels with the burner?

later jim

Another fine example of the intelligence pool of "TEAM SMART:"

Way to represent Jim, way to represent 8)

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****