Paging mr kosinski (spelling) Sr. Or maybe anyone..

Started by Dave, August 06, 2007, 06:35:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

So i got these drums for my 8 inch comet maverick rearend of a guy on the hamb.. Great price great shipping. The problem. One side is fine but the other side. the drum fits really tight anfd i cant seem to loosen it. The adjuster is at the low.    :?:  :?:  :?:  Oh ya these drums are new and never used :?:  :?:  It looks or i should say the brakes have been rebuilt although i found the pins had never been replaced that hold the shoes to the backing plates.  So whatchya think? just * poor shoes that sumpin aint right on ? I can buy new shoes its not a problem. Now after the fact I did not measure the drums and compare but I could do that also..
TIA
Dave :lol:  8)  :lol:
ps: wienner could get a membership ...................... 8)

slocrow

I use to have one of those little 8" mavericks once. Took him to the bar with me and all he did was run back & forth kicking over everybody's beer. Cost me a fortune in replacement drinks. The last thing I'd do is buy him a set of drums, to beat on at all hours.
Dave; take the tight one off and try it first on the easy side. If it works there then it's the brakes/backing plate, wrong adjuster, wrong wheel cylinder, etc.
Naturally if it doesn't work on the good side, you've been had..................... :lol: .........Frank
PS: You're the only wiener here............................. :wink:
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

Rayvyn

Quote from: "slocrow"I use to have one of those little 8" mavericks once. Took him to the bar with me and all he did was run back & forth kicking over everybody's beer. Cost me a fortune in replacement drinks. The last thing I'd do is buy him a set of drums, to beat on at all hours.
:lol: .........Frank
PS: You're the only wiener here............................. :wink:

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :arrow:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

enjenjo

What Frank said. you can also check that the Ebrake link is not holding the shoes from moving in.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Dave

Quote from: "enjenjo"What Frank said. you can also check that the Ebrake link is not holding the shoes from moving in.

Did that skipper.. Ill try the bisexual thing lat..r....
Dave
oh ya slocrow :arrow:  :arrow:  :arrow:

enjenjo

one more thing, sometimes the shoes wear a groove in the backing plate that will keep them from retracting all the way.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.