Help with locating part or Fab

Started by msuguydon, July 12, 2007, 01:29:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

msuguydon

Yup it's me again... the OLE TUNA Boat Captain .........

I am in need of a bracket, it is used to connect the "top of the door" metal trim piece to the door.

I cannot find this little bracket... pic below... this is from the passenger door, I need the drivers side door.  I am assuming, ASSUMING... that this is a non-handed part??  Is that a bad assumption.

Anyone got such a thing.. or how would I fab it... please note... begineer with limited access to metal bending type tools.

As always Thanks!!

Picture # 2

Would plastic be okay for you today?

Proud Member of Team Smart

Dave

go to your local lowes or menards or hardware and you can prolly buy a piece of steel to do the job. They have steel assortments just for stuff like this. Kinda mark where the bends need to be and bend it. Hammer works for this also. A vice is a plus too. The bends arent tight 90's so it should be fairly easy. Then drill the holes throw a little paint on it and your done. Or mail it to me and ill make you one.. Oh ya you will need a hack saw too ans usually beer helps especially when the blood starts flowing just dont pour the beer on the wound cause thats alcahol abuse
Dave

Dave

ps: its gonna be bent different on the other door too..

rumrumm

Somebody on www.chevytalk.org might know--check out the forum that includes 1958 www.chevytalk.org/fusionbb/showforum.php?fid/32/keyword/1958-1960_Chevys/ Anyone that owns a Chevy should at least lurk at this website. Best on the net for Chevy information.
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

enjenjo

you ought to be able to make that with a drill, and a couple pair of pliers. There will be a left and right.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

msuguydon

Quote from: "rumrumm"Somebody on www.chevytalk.org might know--check out the forum that includes 1958 www.chevytalk.org/fusionbb/showforum.php?fid/32/keyword/1958-1960_Chevys/ Anyone that owns a Chevy should at least lurk at this website. Best on the net for Chevy information.

Hey Thanks for the heads up, looks like a very good site, of course not as good as this one  :wink:

msuguydon

Quote from: "jusjunk"go to your local lowes or menards or hardware and you can prolly buy a piece of steel to do the job. They have steel assortments just for stuff like this. Kinda mark where the bends need to be and bend it. Hammer works for this also. A vice is a plus too. The bends arent tight 90's so it should be fairly easy. Then drill the holes throw a little paint on it and your done. Or mail it to me and ill make you one.. Oh ya you will need a hack saw too ans usually beer helps especially when the blood starts flowing just dont pour the beer on the wound cause thats alcahol abuse
Dave

Rumor has it I am gonna be up in the West Michigan area, Mon & Tues of next week.  Maybe I should pay you a visit, bring my bracket with me and we can do a Father/Son project together.

Dave

Quote from: "msuguydon"
Quote from: "jusjunk"go to your local lowes or menards or hardware and you can prolly buy a piece of steel to do the job. They have steel assortments just for stuff like this. Kinda mark where the bends need to be and bend it. Hammer works for this also. A vice is a plus too. The bends arent tight 90's so it should be fairly easy. Then drill the holes throw a little paint on it and your done. Or mail it to me and ill make you one.. Oh ya you will need a hack saw too ans usually beer helps especially when the blood starts flowing just dont pour the beer on the wound cause thats alcahol abuse
Dave

Rumor has it I am gonna be up in the West Michigan area, Mon & Tues of next week.  Maybe I should pay you a visit, bring my bracket with me and we can do a Father/Son project together.

Ok skipper... Ill be here both monday and tuesday after about 4pm... I do have a day job ya know.. Id love to have ya stop by.... im thinnin 15 minutes max we could have the bracket done and if its gonna work out and you can stop by just tell me how wide the steel is and maybe approx on thickness and ill have somethin laying here to work with. Oh ya bring that bracket too.
Im leaving in the am for the kings royal world of outlaw race in rossburg ohio and i wont be back till sunday afternoon.. we have the night before the K/R race tomorrow night and saturday night the race starts about 7:30 pm.. Ill pm you my cell # before I leave or maybe even later this evening  and if it looks like it will work then give me a holler .. Hell give me a holler anyway ive got like 2500 free minutes and free nights and weekends  :lol:
Ill put my addy in the pm also so you can mapquest me..
Dave :wink:

EMSjunkie

Dave

OMG :shock:
do you realize what you are asking :?:  :?:

be prepared for a day of wonders. :D
any time you get the opportunity to lean from a member of Team Smart jump on it. 8)

Vance

p.s. bring beer, or olives, whichever you prefer :wink:
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "EMSjunkie"
Dave

any time you get the opportunity to lean from a member of Team Smart jump on it. 8)

Vance

VANCE... :!:  :!:  :!: QUICK.. :!:  :!:  :!: The Spelling... :!:  :!:  :!: Our reputation.. :!:  :!:  :!:   WAIT....WHAT reputation  :?:  :?:  :?:  :?:  :P
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"
Dave

Vance

VANCE... :!:  :!:  :!: QUICK.. :!:  :!:  :!: The Spelling... :!:  :!:  :!: Our reputation.. :!:  :!:  :!:   WAIT....WHAT reputation  :?:  :?:  :?:  :?:  :P

Hooked on Phonics worked for me :shock:

Vance

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders

Rayvyn

Vance

That's like getting accepted to medical school and finding out your instructor is Hannibal Lecter... :shock:  :(

If there's a leaner of the pack, it's gotta be Barney. His elbow imprint was forever worn into the top of the RRT BBQ at the overhaul... :T)  :lol:
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

58 Yeoman

You know what they say about 15 minute jobs..... :wink:
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

msuguydon

Dave I sent you a pm with some contact info.

The skipper

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "Rayvyn"

Vance

That's like getting accepted to medical school and finding out your instructor is Hannibal Lecter... :shock:  :(

If there's a leaner of the pack, it's gotta be Barney. His elbow imprint was forever worn into the top of the RRT BBQ at the overhaul... :T)  :lol:

);b(  );b(  );b(

Yep his the Leaner of the pack.
you are the new Sergeant at Arms

Vance

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders