2001 Dodge Caravan-disabeling auto locks

Started by ahidley, May 11, 2004, 09:39:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ahidley

I have a 2001 dodge caravan. I do not have an owners manual.  The locks automatically lock at 20 MPH.  I want to disable it but I do not know the code...   i.e. turn ignition on/off x times, click lock up/down ....
Does anybody know the code to turn off this feature?
Thanks in advance....

SKR8PN

Find someone that has an OTC Monitor 4000e Enhanced or other similar scan tool and have them go into the body controller and turn that feature OFF.
Only other choice is to get the dealership to plug in their DRBII. Got any friends at the local Dodge Garage?????????
If we are what we eat.........
Then I am fast,cheap and easy.

ahidley

Thanks for the reply.. I  got the same answer from several "dodge" dealerships.  I just couldn't remember how to do it.. I found a toll free number to "dodge headquarts" *L* and they were kind enough to look it up in the owners manual (which I do not have) . It works like this:
1-close all doors
2-turn ignition on and off 4 times (do not start engine)
3-press auto door lock to the "lock" position.
4- tone is heard...

To reverse it just do it again....

58 Yeoman

That's kewl. I wonder if there is a similar way to turn off the alarm system on an 89 Dynasty? My neighbor has one, and says that if he does something wrong, like remove the battery for a new one, his car won't start for 18 minutes. Is that weird?....or is he? :lol:
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Dave

Quote from: "58 Yeoman"That's kewl. I wonder if there is a similar way to turn off the alarm system on an 89 Dynasty? My neighbor has one, and says that if he does something wrong, like remove the battery for a new one, his car won't start for 18 minutes. Is that weird?....or is he? :lol:

I had the same crap with my 02 s 10 zr2 . It locked as soon as you put it in gear. I had a manual and i fixed it  LOL...
Dave