AC bulkhead

Started by enjenjo, June 16, 2007, 07:58:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

Wzjunk and I were discussing an AC bulkhead to go through the firewall, that didn't require another fitting at that point. so I did some rough sketches for illustration.

Part A, you need to make from .120 aluminum plate, with the holes the same size as the hoses. You will need two of these. They are cut throgh the holes for the AC lines, so they can be inserted after the fittings are installed. If you want, you can pin these back together with small pins.

Part B is 1/2" smaller overall than part A, and the holes are 1/4" larger than the hose. This will be about the same thicknes as the firewall. I would recommend drilling the holes for A and B at  the same time so they all line up. You may be able to leave part B in one piece depending on the fittings.

Part C is made from.120 to .150 plate, with the notches just bigger than the hose.

To use this setup, cut a hole in the firewall the size of part B. Install the hoses through part A, and B, install an eighth inch O ring on each hose, then install the second part A on the inside of the firewall. Install part C, and bolt it two places throught all 4 parts. The O rings will center the hoses, and seal the firewall.

That should do it.

In
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

jaybee

What does part C do?
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

enjenjo

Part C is a reinfocement to hold everything flat from the inside.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

jaybee

OK, that makes sense.  Thanks.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)