POR 15 and bondo

Started by WZ JUNK, June 24, 2007, 01:31:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WZ JUNK

I am trying to do some fast and sloppy body work to Hooley's Henry J.  The doors are in pretty poor condition.  I have replace some of the metal in the lower doors but there is no good stopping place.  

I want to coat the inside of the doors with some POR 15 and glass cloth and then lay on a coat of the fiber reinforced body filler on the outhside.  Will this filler adhere to the POR 15?

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

enjenjo

Yes, as long as you rough it up a bit. you can also put some POR15 on the outside, let it get tacky, several hours, and fill right over it.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

jaybee

Would you do something like that with a frame that is pitted but structurally sound?
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

enjenjo

Quote from: "jaybee"Would you do something like that with a frame that is pitted but structurally sound?

Yes you can. The key is to put on the filler before the POR15 is fully set up, after about 8 hours, but before 24 hours.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

dragrcr50

John, I use the dura glass or dyna glass short strand on the outside and then do the por 15 on the back side it will never come out and great for a race car.. or make some patch panels and weld em in .......
ownerWoodard racing and hot rod shop in mustang oklahoma. My  specialty is gassers &  nostalgia race cars , love the salt,