Look what I found...

Started by Motoraver, June 12, 2007, 08:18:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Motoraver

I told you that I visited the new Mercedes Benz Museum..maybe you're interested in some photos!?

'91 560 SEC in front of the museum. (my dad's car)

the oldest existing Mercedes

Mercedes Streamliner "Autobahnkurier"

early eighties car transport with 4 Mercedes from that time in timewarp condition...if you ask me, it's amazing!

exact replica of fifties Mercedes racecar transporter

old forward control fifties truck with twin steering axle

old truck from the fourties

The "Grosser Mercedes" which was owned by the leading * in the second world war...
edit: funny that N A Z I S is censored automatically. Thought only the germans have problems with their foretime. :roll: Don't think that I like the 3rd Reich and everything that deals with it (except the vehicles ;)  ) I don't like what happened but I think it's part of our history or the world's history and we should talk about it without beeing scared and we should keep it in mind so that the following generations won't make the same mistakes again.

the pope's car

a lot to see and these photos are only a little example for the great cars you can see there

UGLY OLDS

I agree with your thinking on WWII...It's certainly something we can't let happen again....A question if I may...In Germany, is a Mercedes considered a "luxury " or " prestige" car like it is here or is it a regular "everyday" car?? Just curious...Thanks...
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Motoraver

in germany...I think it doesn't matter which Mercedes you drive...they're so expensive that even a a-class Mercedes has a bit of prestige.  :wink:  But I think in Germany even the real expensive Mercedes aren't real prestige cars, because you see them too "often"...the most are real everyday cars.
For example: I live in rural area and even here you often see an AMG high performance model like new SL55, Slk55, ML65, E55 and 63 or R65.  
A funny fact: though I don't live close to a factory,. our area has the highest concentration of Mercedes Benz in whole germany!  :lol:  
Tomorrow, my grandfather (nearly 82) collects his new C-class 220CDI (the new one) from the factory in Bremen...around 100kms from our home.

Mikej

Quote from: "jusjunk"
Quote from: "Mikej"Could be wrong. I was in Kirch Goens, which was about 5 miles from Butzbach and 20 miles from Friedburg.

Make up your mind.. :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  i think thats pretty cool finding a 58 caddy over there..
I wonder who the first owner was like maybe royalty or sumpin. Im thinking the guy that has it now didnt buy it new?
Dave

I went home and asked my wife. She said I was wrong. :oops: ........ But she always tell me that. :lol:  :lol:  :lol:       I'm going to research this futher. I'm sure I can find somebody that will agree with me.

Motoraver

Quote from: "Mikej"
Quote from: "jusjunk"
Quote from: "Mikej"Could be wrong. I was in Kirch Goens, which was about 5 miles from Butzbach and 20 miles from Friedburg.

Make up your mind.. :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  i think thats pretty cool finding a 58 caddy over there..
I wonder who the first owner was like maybe royalty or sumpin. Im thinking the guy that has it now didnt buy it new?
Dave

I went home and asked my wife. She said I was wrong. :oops: ........ But she always tell me that. :lol:  :lol:  :lol:       I'm going to research this futher. I'm sure I can find somebody that will agree with me.

that's my method...ask so long till you find someone who agrees with you.  :wink:

Mikej

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"I agree with your thinking on WWII...It's certainly something we can't let happen again....A question if I may...In Germany, is a Mercedes considered a "luxury " or " prestige" car like it is here or is it a regular "everyday" car?? Just curious...Thanks...

They used them as taxi's when I was over there.  The Audi A6 was the fast car on the autobahn when I was there in 2006. Didn't see any turbo Porsche's like in the 70's.

Motoraver

yeah...you're totally right.most taxis are Mercedes Benz...they even use the s-class as a taxi..I saw some in Stuttgart.