PPG paint formulations...

Started by Chebby, June 14, 2007, 04:54:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chebby

Hi all,

Is there a website where I can compare one PPG paint formula to another PPG paint? The reason I ask is that I have a gallon and a half of blue paint (Hot Licks Super Blue, #17708) and I'm wondering if that formulation is close to any other color on the PPG Hot Licks chart.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Chebby

Dave

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "jusjunk"http://www.ppg.com/car_autocoat/

Google is your friend..
Dave :wink:

and for some......the only friend they have :cry:

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

Rayvyn

Just ask Vance, not google.
He's the expert on Blue paint... :P  :P  :P
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

Dave

Another option is call your local paint store but after i re read your post  i think the problem here is they first go by the code then look at the formula sooooooooooooooooooo ... Maybe a trip to the paint store with a little of your paint . Let em look at it with thier fancy machine they have and then they maybe can come up with a formula. You might if you havent already paint a small piece to take.. This could be fun its kinda like name that paint. If they dont guess it and can do the same matching Kinda ? formula in a cheaper paint then you could sue .. :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  Just kiding
Dave :wink:

Rayvyn

A buddy of mine just got his 31 sedan fenders painted. They had to match the new paint with the original color, and the original manufacturer and code wasn't known. They actually took a paint chip off the body and dissolved it somehow, put it in some kind of a scanner that reads the breakdown of pigments and amounts, and the computer told them what new stuff to get and how to mix it to obtain a matching color to the old paint.

That's if you can't match it up with anything on their website.
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...