Sues new used 06 Grand Prix...Transmisson ?

Started by Dave, June 10, 2007, 05:44:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Quote from: "Crosley"if the trans does not engage properly and an engine 'rev' helps the trans to 'pop' into gear... that is a pressure problem.

low on fluid

pump wear

boost valve wear or PR valve area wear

a sealing ring problem in drums, ring lang area... any where pressure would need to be held in

cracked parts or pieces blowing off pressure

Thanks Tony i was mainly curious. It is under warranty. I dropped it off last night and the guy told me he took it and parked it and it didnt do it :?:
I told him id take it home if he wanted and i know it would do it again and where would he like the pieces?  :lol:  :lol: He really doesnt understand me if the service manager woulda been there he woulda just laughed 8)
We shall see.. I dont have a problem with the dealer and a good friend of mine is part owner so im sure we will get it fixed right.
Dave

Dave

Well they have ran a driving test on the thing by 2 different people and its not doin it now? Guess ill pick it up tonite.
Dave

UGLY OLDS

Dave...Two things...

A..Remember what I said about the extended warranty..( once it's out of base warranty you can't get a  decent extended warranty.) ...

B..make REAL SURE you keep a copy of that R/O showing mileage..date..your complaint AND the fact that they didn't duplicate the problem...( It's your only proof you had a problem while the car was in base warranty) ....

Did I mention we replace a LOT of transmissions in those cars before 50K miles ?? We joke about it now.... It's only about a $3200.00 pay ticket later......BV
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Crosley.In.AZ

Often I make the vehicle owner take me for a ride and they drive..... I like to see if is a 'owner/driver  induced" problem

I ain't saying this is the problem with your car dave ....

We had a 1999 Ford diesel truck in a few weeks back for a complaint of 'noise - vibration' .... it was our tranny in the truck.

After 3 days , 2 drivers and over 60 miles we found nuthing wrong.

OK........ the owner calls and then explains (this is NO SH*T)..... you need a load/trailer  on the truck and drive uphill.

For those not familiar with the metro Phoenix AZ area.... it is fairly flat.

We found the trouble.. it was in the T-case.

8)
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Dave

Well tony the owner driver thing was discussed but also the wrench and the service manager and the part owner are all friends of mine and they all said if I tell em the problem its not bs and there is a problem :!: I dunno why it quit and it is on record and ive got a copy but these guys wont screw me. I gonna drive it tonite on about a 1 1/2 hour trip to grand rapids for a race and then back so ill see if it acts up again.
Dave

model a vette

There are a couple of factory recalls/service bulletins on your trans. At least one of them sounds like your problem. The dealer should be able to look them up.
Ed

Dave

Im assuming they checked for tsb's on the G/P. I will ask em when i get back by there again. It drove fine last night.
Dave :wink:

Crosley.In.AZ

I'm gonna tangent off this Dave topic again.......  :shock:

Customer brings in his late 90's Mus-tang...  Our tranny (stock rebuild) in it... a cash & carry deal the customer did the installl.

Complaints are : " no power, shifts not correct , he is unhappy ......yada , yada"  The cutomer is not yelling but unhappy.  :shock:

OK , test drive .....

customer; 'see..... it has  no power' as he hits the loud pedal

Me;...... you have the tranny shifter  in '2' not Drive. Move the shifter forward 1 click.

customer; ' it is in Drive'

me; ' nope , you did not adjust the shift linkage during the install (floor shifter).... The tranny is in "2" not Drive....... move the shifter 1 click forward

customer; " wow....... it drives great now...... how do you adjust the shifter cable?"

:twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Dave

Dont ya love it... I was impressed when they told me yup if you said thats what its doing then thats what its doing. Just dont do it now  :lol: They know i wouldnt bs em and if i did the work my self id certianly checked everything out first before trying to blame someone else.
Dave :wink:

Dave

well .........backed out of the driveway today and it did it again :!:
Dave

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "jusjunk"well .........backed out of the driveway today and it did it again :!:
Dave

Repeat after me...." It's all in my mind " ...." It's all in my mind "...." It's all in my mind "...." It's all in my mind "...." It's all in my mind "   See..I used to be a service writer too..... :P  :P  :P  :P   ( Sure is strange Sue never had a trans "problem" with the car.....)  :roll:  :roll:  :?  :?
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Dave

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"
Quote from: "jusjunk"well .........backed out of the driveway today and it did it again :!:
Dave

Repeat after me...." It's all in my mind " ...." It's all in my mind "...." It's all in my mind "...." It's all in my mind "...." It's all in my mind "   See..I used to be a service writer too..... :P  :P  :P  :P   ( Sure is strange Sue never had a trans "problem" with the car.....)  :roll:  :roll:  :?  :?

Ya Ya.. I caould put her in front of the puter to tell you she was right there and knows what it does. You can feel it as a passenger too.
Dave