Marc Fenyo TOPHAT Pinstriping Wizard R.I.P.

Started by tophat765, June 05, 2007, 02:47:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tophat765

The artist, Marc Fenyo, was known as: 'The Top hat,' 'The Pinstriping Wizard,' 'The Mad Hatter,' 'Swordsman,' 'The Mad Striper,' and many others.  He was a true master at the art of free-hand pinstriping.  For forty years, he traveled coast-to-coast pinstriping at car shows, street rod events, hot rod runs, motorcycle rallies, race tracks, tractor pulls, rodeos, renaissance festivals, swap meets, truck stops, gas stations, car washes, antique stores, county fairs, flee markets, and any where else that he might find something to paint.
   Marc Fenyo masterfully decorated cars, trucks, motorcycles, eighteen-wheelers, buses, boats, airplanes, helicopters, submarines, tractors, window fronts, golf carts, bicycles, skateboards,  guitars, wagon wheels, antique coca-cola machines and gas pumps, refrigerators, lawn mowers, and anything else from penny loafers to finger nails.
   Marc Fenyo was a free-spirited, open-minded, brilliant artist and showman and was quite a character.  He was full of positive energy and had big an impact on those who knew him.  He loved his craft and his customers alike.
   In September 1977, he was featured in Time magazine and has been recognized by multiple newspapers.  He has also been featured in street rod, hot rod, biker, motorcycle, racing, and tattoo magazines.
   He was born in Freeport, NY, on Jan. 26, 1945 and he past away of cancer at age 62 on Apr. 29, 2007.
   He was an Air Force Vietnam veteran and he was a wonderful father of eight and grandfather of fourteen.
   He will always live in the hearts and memories of us all.    

His family is seeking footage, photos, and stories.
Tell your Top hat story at: tophat765@yahoocom

tom

marc did my car at the turkey run in daytona in 93. i am proud to say his work is still on my car. he was a talented and entertaining guy. watching him work the crowd was a show in itself. may he rest in peace. if you send a message to the family, be sure to add the "dot"after yahoo, before the com. tom

enjenjo

He striped my buddy's Camaro at Holland about 12 years ago. I would see him around now and then, just say hi.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

bombcan

Top Hat had worked a car show in North Georgia the last few years we attended.   He always had a crowd around him as he worked, and seemed to have the patience of Job, when working with the car owners.  I enjoyed watching him work, his showmanship was only topped by his talent. I really  wish that I had hung around long enough to get  him to stripe my model A the last time I saw him.

He was a very unique and talented man, truly his passing is our hobby's loss.