Chassis is a roller

Started by Roadstar, June 03, 2007, 10:02:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roadstar

Here are the latest pics of my new chassi.

I hope to have the body on and roll it to Columbus in July.

Form follows function.

Charlie Chops 1940

Looking pretty dandy Rudy.

Chrlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

donsrods

Really nice workmanship.  You have just convinced me on what color combo I am going to use on my '39 Dodge pickup when I get back to working on it.

Don

moose

Nice clean chassis. Two questions. First who's front wish bones are you using? They look like they are the perfect length. Second, it looks like you have run rubber fuel line inside the rails. Is tha tthe case or just the angle of the photo? If so make sure that you remember to put a chafe guard where i exits the lighting hole. I have seen many tha tforgot and ended up with a cut hose. Just a friendly reminder! Looks like it will be on the road soon

Tim

Looking good Rudy! You going to have a top on this one?
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

GPster

What engine mounts did you use? they appear to be Chassis Engineering style but they look less wide. Did you make them yourself? GPster

C9

Nicely done Mr. Rudy.

Is the fuel hose a temporary deal as shown?
Seems like a bulkhead fitting in that area would help make what looks like a sharp turn.
Probably the camera angle as mentioned.

I really like the way the rear spring is mounted.
I did something similar on my 31 on 32 rails project although your mounting bolts are further apart . . . which strikes me as a better way to do it, but I think the narrower bolt spread will work fine.

Do you have room to remove the spring mounting bolts if necessary?
When the body went on my 31 on 32 rails project the bolts went in from the top.
Not too bad a deal, but later on a longer bolt was required and I had to raise the body to pull the first set.
Now the bolts come in from the bottom and are retained by nylocks.

I like as well where your trans cooler is.
It should receive adequate air there and for sure is protected from flying rocks and the like.
Not sure if I could do that with my T-400, the body comes off in a week or two so I'll have to look.
C9

Sailing the turquoise canyons of the Arizona desert.

Dave

Roadstar

Thanks for the compliments guys.

The fuel like will actually be held in place with a clamp and wont touch the frame where it exits the belled hole and it is mostly hard like up to the connection which is a barbed fitting on a female flair nut on the line in the rail.

Jay, funny you should mention the mounting bolts for the rear spring, I had them going the other way and then realized I would be in trouble If I had to change the spring height or anything else pertainting to the spring, yes I could get to the nut now and drop the bolt out the bottom.

Thanks for all the nice words fellas, I should be rolling again soon.