My Father's Day Gift

Started by Mac, June 17, 2007, 04:42:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mac

My 20 yr. old son surprised me with this awesome gift today.

I had this 3"x5" card I found among my uncle's things when he passed away. He had it blown up and made into this canvas banner. The card was from Prestone anti-freeze and looks to be a promo that was handed out at service stations and judging by the steel Prestone can pictured on the back side I'd say it's no newer than early 60's.

I hope the caption's readable. It say's: Don't let anybody Monkey with your car
Who\'s yer Data?

donsrods

Great gift.  I love presents like that, shows a lot of thought.  

How do they go about enlarging something like that?

Don

phat46

Very Cool! Sure trumps my bag of licorice... :lol:

Mac

Quote from: "donsrods"Great gift.  I love presents like that, shows a lot of thought.  

How do they go about enlarging something like that?

Don

I think it's a commercial grade computer scanner. My son has a friend that works at a printing shop and they have equipment to scan any image and transfer it to a weather resistant banner. Naturally, the bigger and better the orig. image, the better the results. My picture went from 3"x5" to 27"x47". Up close it's pretty "pixilated" but looks fine from 5 ft. out.

Here's a better shot.
Who\'s yer Data?

Crosley.In.AZ

kool........

the images are funny.  Adjust the headlite with a hammer??? :shock:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

HotRodLadyCrusr

Thats was GREAT Fathers day gift.

I spent the day with my dad at a concourse show at the Edsel Ford Estate.  It was absolutly perfect.

Happy Fathers Day to all the Dads on the RRT!
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

UGLY OLDS

That really is a neat gift.... :D   But if you look at it just right, it looks just  like one of the photos from the RRT BBQ build last April :shock:  :shock: There's Frank under the hood, is that Vance by the tire  :?:  :?:  :P  :P
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

enjenjo

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"That really is a neat gift.... :D   But if you look at it just right, it looks just  like one of the photos from the RRT BBQ build last April :shock:  :shock: There's Frank under the hood, is that Vance by the tire  :?:  :?:  :P  :P

KMA :twisted:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.