Hooleys car on tv

Started by sirstude, May 11, 2007, 12:08:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sirstude

Watching a special on Bonneville on National Geographic channel right now and the opening credits showed Hooleys car and focused in on the "just glad to be here" lettering.  Gonna watch some more to see what else is on.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

river1

http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/channel/video/

click on the salt flats on the right side hooley's about 47 sec in

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

sirstude

just showed the north of 49 car leaving the starting line.  Pretty interesting show so far.
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

bucketmouth

Bloody hell! I set the video and missed the start of it. Anyways I'll catch it live next year as I'm planning on paying another visit in 2008.
562 sleeps to go.
I maybe from down under but I know which way is up.
Oh hell there goes another head rush.

Cword

Thanks Doug

I'm going to have to check the satellite schedule and see if we can catch a repeat broadcast.

Seems to me that the guy crouching in the foreground of this photo is the national geographic camera man.

Mike
--

Leon

It's playing again on Saturday, I think about noon pacific time.

sirstude

Mike,  

I think you are right.  That camera angle looks about what I saw.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

www.theicebreaker.us

Cword

ARRGH!

We get a special "Canadian Version" of National geographic channel up here.
Salty Speedway is not on their schedule.
:(
--

1FATGMC

I no longer have that channel in my dish package  :cry: .  If anyone would care to tape it I would sure appreciate it. It is on again at 3 pm EST tomorrow (Sat.) the 12th of May and also next Thursday (May 17th) at 5 pm EST.

Also I never did get the Goodguys magazine that some of you have.  If anyone still has it I sure would like that also.

Mike you got to see the National Geographic coverage for 2005 this past January.  Maybe they will have the 2006 coverage this coming winter.

Jim thanks for posting the link.  There was also a shot for a nano second of Hooley's stude with that nice looking lady photographer leaning over the hood taking a picture of something.  She also took lots of pictures of the car in our pits.

c ya,

Sum

sirstude

Sum,

I made a copy for you today.  I will check it tomorrow and if it is ok I will ship it out.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

www.theicebreaker.us

1FATGMC

Quote from: "sirstude"Sum,

I made a copy for you today.  I will check it tomorrow and if it is ok I will ship it out.

Doug

Thanks so much  :) , I'll make sure John and Hooley get a copy.

c ya,

Sum