Wiring harness

Started by kb426, May 05, 2007, 12:01:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb426

Whose harness do you guys recommend? Non gm column.
TEAM SMART

Deuce

Ron Francis is $$$ HIGH ...
but that's who I use ...  :)
RETIRED.....no phone, no work and No money  :?

btrc

I have always used centech.   I don't know about recenly but I hae heard of problems with the Ron Francis harnesses.
Bob

I have used several Ron Francis and Painless harnesses in the past with no problems.On the last couple of cars I've used Centech and like them a lot.Frank used to sell a kit,I believe it was EZ wire or Kwikwire that looked like a pretty good kit for the money....perhaps he'll chime in.Centech makes a couple different kits,I think one is 15 circuits and the other is 21 or 22.I have a new "Highway 22" kit sitting on the shelf waiting to be installed on my current 37 project. Good luck!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

enjenjo

I used to sell EZ wire, there were some problems for a time, but I haven't had any problems in years.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Learpilot

I put EZ Wiring in my coupe. It installed real EZ ,but I would use relays on all high draw items like A/C , Headlights, Radio ect. Try to keep your amp draw below 60 amps through you ignition switch. That will prevent a melt down of the switch. I think the A/C draws about 40 amps alone. One other thing, run as big wire as you can from your alternator to the battery connection.
Also go to www.madelectrical.com (go to electrical tech section at the top of the page) There is a lot of useful info on this site.
I agree with them and DON"T USE A ONE WIRE ALTERNATOR !!!
Rick Harris

Carnut

My friend Roger put a Centech harness in my 40 a year or so ago.

Seems to be working well for me.

t-vicky

And had enough wire left over to wire 2 more cars.

Carnut

Oh yeah, this is what Roger/T-Vicky did to my 40:

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "Carnut"Oh yeah, this is what Roger/T-Vicky did to my 40:

Sooo many wires....Soooo little time....Running the wires through the "full size" convoluted tubing in the glove box area was a nice touch IMHO. :lol:  :lol:

Frank .. What problems did you see with E-Z wire harness & in what time frame??  I have one new in the box waiting to go in my model A ..I've had it for awhile & if repairs are required, I'm sure it would be easier on the bench than in the car......( besides that, I have to incorporate a Painless TPI harness into the E-Z Wire 21 circuit harness...) :?  :roll:   :shock:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

enjenjo

There were problems with badly crimped terminals, noramally at the dimmer switch. This has been about 8 years ago.

Outside of grounds, there is only one wire connected between the two harnesses, for computer switched power.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

kb426

Is there any reason to buy an American Autowire or a Painless as compared to the other choices?
TEAM SMART

fitzwell

Painless...little more money, but you get what you pay for. Quality product, great tech support, and........Made in the U.S.A.
i never knew what time it was \'til closing time came round