Model T Top Chop Info

Started by Bib_Overalls, April 25, 2007, 01:33:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bib_Overalls

Well, I'm getting ready to chop the top on my 26 Model T two door sedan.

Not as easy as one might think.  The top actually gets wider as it goes up.  And the window tracks are on an even more acute angle.

If any of you all have pictures of Model T top chops in progress or have links to pictures or on-line articles I'd be most appreciative.

I'm also told there are some good pictures in a book tiltled "How to Chop Tops in 301 Pictures" but I have yet to scare up a copy or get my mits on scanned copies of the relevant pictures.

Any help appreciated.  I already have a roadster.  I don't want to screw up and have a T tub too.
An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks

1FATGMC

I found my HOW TO CHOP TOPS book (Tex's) and it only goes back to "A's".  I see amazon has it for about $14 and the one you are looking for and it is "only" $80.00 (wow).

Guess that isn't much help, but I guess $80.00 is less than finding another body if you are worried about doing it without a book.  Just do everything backwards from what you would normally do  :wink: ,

Sum

Bib_Overalls

I may cough up the $80.  I'm surprised no one here, at the HAMB, or in my circle of hot rodding friends has a copy.
An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks

river1

Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Bib_Overalls

Another reason why I love this place!

Quote from: "river1"can you wait til june?

http://www.wolfpub.com/articles/

later jim
An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks