The 47 ford and cow skin

Started by Kctom, April 17, 2007, 11:23:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kctom

After 6 months of long days and short nights have the 47 coupe in the interior shop along with 10 cow hides. The second week in May it should be back home. So with a little luck it will be on the road the end of May.
That "all the hard work done, and done right ready for paint"" as the ad read. Well 6 months of working 14 hours a day 7 days a week and 15,000 more dollars later that ad slogan has come true. Kinda like the airplane projects i use to buy. 90 percent completed 75 percent to go.

rumrumm

I'm looking forward to seeing it, Tom. Your '37 was a real eye-popper.
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

BFS57

Hello;
I bet your car will look terrific! Anyone that has a eye for all the details can take a car from bland to the bomb! So when anyone reads "the hard work is done", well, to some it may be but to some it ain't nearly done till "The Fat Lady Sings!".
Post some pix so I can drool over my keyboard at it!

Bruce

Kctom

Quote from: "rumrumm"I'm looking forward to seeing it, Tom. Your '37 was a real eye-popper.
This car is not the quality of my other 3 cars. The kid who worked on it before I got it really had no idea what he was doing. Never planned ahead so things that were done had to be done over. This was his first street rod attempt. Spent a lot of time and money redoing almost everything. Nothing really fits right, the car was put together from several parts cars of different years. Would have been better to pass on this and buy a stocker and do everything myself, OH well, another lesson learned.
This car is one of those cars from hell. Every thing went wrong in the build. The last straw was the paint. Painter used 3 times the paint he should have, alot of dirt in the finnish. A couple big runs in the clear. Was supposed to have the interior done and take it back to him for color sanding 2 more coats of clear and buff out. Went by yesterday to talk to him and shop was closed, seems he left town and went to FLA. in the middle of the night. Can hardly wait to see what will turn up next. Maybe my cow skins will have mad cow and will have to be destoryed.

Tom,I can relate to exactly where you're at with this project.I have purchased a couple of "In Progress" cars,including the 37 I'm currently building.It was "In finish primer,ready for paint"......About 100 hours later....he was right,it was! On the painter dissappearing,I had the same thing happen.....the fellow who was painting my Firebird many years ago did the Midnight vanishing act also,my situation was far worse......He took my car with him! It showed up in my driveway 7 years later.....in such poor condition that I had to do a "Frame-off" to straighten out his mess!Good Luck.......I'm sure it will be fine when you get it completed!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

Okiedokie

Maybe we can see some pics? I am almost to interior on my 40 and looking for ideas. Joe