Master cylinder

Started by kb426, April 07, 2007, 10:08:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb426

On my 32 I'm using the gm calipers on the front and the Lincoln mark 7 discs on the rear. Does anyone know which dual master cylinder I should use for this? What is the 7" power booster that I see adds for? I'm still leaning towards the firewall mount pedals but I think I'll need a booster of some kind. Obviously space will be a problem.
TEAM SMART

Leon

I'm using the GM's up front and Explorer in the back, I had a 1 1/8" bore master and pulled it off for a 1" bore.  I'm running a 2 stage 8" booster and love that combination.  The brakes feel better than my Chevy S10 and much better than a Lincoln Town Car.  I had a SS Brakes proportioning valve in it and couldn't get it to work right, maybe I wasn't able to bleed it right with the valve it, but when I pulled it out all of a sudden the fronts and backs worked great even though all I rebled was the back when I pulled the valve out.  On a lighter car the 7" would probably be good, but I like the feel of a larger booster.

Dave

The Vette M/C that everyone sells now should work fine for what you have there. Im actually using a disk drum with gm calipers and ford svo rear disks.. The nice part on the new vette style is the ports on either side.
Dave

phat rat

my experience with an aftermarket booster was they need a lot of vacumn, at least 18" to work right
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

tomslik

Quote from: "phat rat"my experience with an aftermarket booster was they need a lot of vacumn, at least 18" to work right

....and you AIN'T gonna get that up here... :shock:
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

kb426

Leon, do you remember what model number you are using?
TEAM SMART

Leon

I got one off ebay, it's the standard Vette cylinder with the ports on both sides, 1" bore, chrome.  The one I got was like this http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8027245066
I think I emailed them and asked for a 1" bore and thats either what it came with or they changed it to one.  You'll have to ask them.

don't know why the url tags aren't working for me this morning...