Rechroming

Started by 40 Chev Coupe, April 02, 2007, 06:39:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

40 Chev Coupe

I'm looking to get a 1953 Desoto grill rechromed. Looking for a resoanabley priced place that does a good job. Anybody have any places that they have done business with, that they would recomend?

Thanks[/b]

phat rat

I've used Advance Plating. They are not cheap but they do great work and if there's a problem they take care of it.
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

ragdol

If you're coming to Jefferson swapmeet, there's a guy in Madison that does a nice job.He's located in one of the new buildings. I can't remember his company name, I'll try to remember to look up his card tomorrow at the shop. Seems like a nice guy, & the examples he has on display are top quality, Larry.

HotRodLadyCrusr

I don't use anyone but Advance Plating now.  GREAT work.  Remember, you get what you pay for and it's never been more true then in the chroming business.  Ask for Steve the owner and tell him your a personal pal of Denise Sheldon.  800-588-6686
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

donsrods

No question Advance has a super reputation, and do great work.  As stated, they are not cheap, but for show quality work, they are the ones.

I have used Action Plating in Opa Locka Florida for years and years.  They do a very nice job, and the price is good.  Since I am a couple of hours from them I just throw the stuff in the car and drive it over,and pick it up a couple of weeks later .  I have a load to take over in the near future for my T and for my Sons '29.

I know this is far from some of you, but I mention it for our members in Florida.  Their phone number is 305-685-6313, and ask for Larry.  They did lots of the chrome on my '27 about 15 years ago, and most of it still looks nice.

BTW, they are in a very bad part of town, so carry a pistol and they make you blow the horn at the gate and they let you in.  Pistol is optional, but they really are not in the high rent district, if you get my drift.  :lol:  :lol:

Don

PS, they do ship via ups if you are not close by.