Fan temp sensor

Started by butch27, March 30, 2007, 10:02:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

butch27

I have a probe in the radiator where the petcock normally goes. Now where can I put the drain?? The kit with wiring etc. came this way.

MrMopar64

Quote from: "butch27"I have a probe in the radiator where the petcock normally goes. Now where can I put the drain?? The kit with wiring etc. came this way.

That would be the coolest point of the water........ most have a prob that goes in the fins at the top of the radiator  :wink:

MM64  8)
www.rgkustoms.com
www.rg-kustoms.com
Racing.... Because Baseball, Football, & Basketball
Only Require One Ball..... Gotta Race
  :lol:

Bib_Overalls

My AFCO radiator came with two openings in the bottom tank.  One for the petcock and one for the sensor.  My sensor lasted one season.  Now, I watch the guage in traffic and hit the switch if it gets above 210.  I'm told that the sensor should be in the block or intake manifold.  But what do they know?
An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks

Dave

im on the 3rd summer with a sensor in the bottom of the radiator. I have a Griffen and it has 2 holes also. I have the adjustable tstat and i set it so the engine is 180 when it comes on. Works fine.
Dave :wink:  :wink:  :arrow:

phat rat

I had my radiator made with an extra fitting in the bottom. I've had the sensor there for over 30,000 mi with no problem
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.