Overflow tank

Started by butch27, March 26, 2007, 11:07:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

butch27

I got my radiator for my rod and am wondering in I need to buy that fancy stainless overflow tank or do I really NEED one?

enjenjo

You don't need it, but it's nice to have one. Speedway has them at a pretty good price.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Beck

I put one of the little round ones on my car. The side of the radiator that had the cap didn't have any room on the side panel. I wound up running a hose down the side of the radiator, under it, and then back up the opposite side to the overflow tank. You don't even think about it when you see it on the wrong side of the radiator.
I have had a leakage problem though. On an extended highway drive during cool weather antifreeze was streaming down the side of the car (the side with the radiator cap, not the overflow).I don't think it ever got hot. I expected I had a leak in the cross over hose. I cleaned up the mess and figured I would take care if it when I got home. I can't find a leak and don't know where the antifreeze came from. That was on the last outing of the year. I haven't taken it anywhere yet this year.