Anybody know this guy so I can steal the color

Started by sirstude, March 13, 2007, 08:32:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sirstude

This was on Dave's pictures of The Good Guys in Orange and I sure like the combo.  Just want to know what the purple is.

Doug

ps,  Thanks Dave for the use of your pictures, and all the both you and Don took.  We were supposed to be there, but plans fell through.

Photo 358 on page 4 of Dave's pictures
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

river1

Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

1FATGMC

It is close to the color on my truck.  Mine in photos almost looks black, but it isn't.  Mine is a BMW color that I think was Dayton blue/purple???  I could tell you when I get back home.

The other color used a lot that is a little lighter than mine is a Ford color that I think was on Rangers and I can't remember the name.

I like my purple, but it is almost as bad as black showing things.

c ya,

Sum

donsrods

With the amount of money he has in that Buicks paint job, do you think it could be a House of Color mix?

Don

phat rat

Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

sirstude

Not too light Jack, just not the tint I have in my mind.  I know it is tough to explain, but I have a color that I see in my mind, but never on a car.  That Olds in a couple of the other pictures really grabbed my attention.  The Hot Hues colors from Dupont has a color called Amazing Grape, that is the right tint until you get it in the sunlight, and then it turns red.  I keep looking, but do have the fallback of the color I got from the 50 Ford out in Spokane that I posted about a couple of months ago.  I just keep hoping.

Doug

ps.  I hung the front sheet metal last night before we went out.  I will try to take some Pics on Thursday, when I work on it again.  I forgot just how long that front end is.
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

Dave

that looks like the prowler purple.. the ford color is ultra violet and its lighter than that.. Ive even got a couple quarts in the cabinet..Id bet the plymouth chrysler color is the one you want.
Dave

DRD57

I've seen all of the cars mentioned in real life and the color on the Buick is different than the others mentioned. Way lighter than Sumner's and redder than Jack's.

My guess is the color is a HOK or Hot Hues color.

I don't know the guy but I do have his name at home. I'll PM it to you when I get a chance.