naked 54 Chevy

Started by WZ JUNK, March 07, 2007, 08:23:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WZ JUNK

I started to blast the outside of the 54 myself but it was not going well and so I took it to my friends shop today and had him do the outside of the body and the dash.  He did all the removable parts a couple of weeks ago.  I had already blasted and painted the underside of the car a long time ago.  It was the best $175 I have spent.  Tomorrow I will do a little prep work and then primer it.  I was a little hesitant about blasting with the motor and running gear in the car but I masked it off and taped everything.  I sure hope I did not miss anything.  I had replaced the bottom of the rear quarters in the past and I did not have him blast that area.

I am always amazed at the factory work and the lead.  Some of it is not as nice as you would expect.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

Charlie Chops 1940

That little Chevy is gonna be a sweetheart, John.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

Dave

Ya hurry up get r done.. I love a nice 54 chevy..
Dave :arrow:

WZ JUNK

Well I thought I would add a shot with the car now in primer.  I guess I should have put a front fender on it but I was to lazy.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck

1FATGMC

Looks good John  :D , hope to see it in person this thrusday if things work out here,

Sum

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "1FATGMC"Looks good John  :D , hope to see it in person this thrusday if things work out here,

Sum

Thursday is good for me.  

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck

Jbird

A friend of mine had his 68 Vette soda blasted. The blaster brought his rig out to my buddies shop and did the car outside. The car was complete, glass and all, he didn't mask off anything. It took the blaster almost two full days, the Vette had quite a few layers of paint on it. It came out real nice, all the paint was gone, none of the trim or glass was fogged,,,but it cost....$1500.00....  Jbird 8)
A biblical plague would come in real handy just about now
Badges? Badges? We don\'t need no stinking Badges!!
Team Smarts official dumbfounder
The first liar ain\'t got a chance

n.c.rodder

I have a buddy who's been working on a 53 for the last couple of years. This is how it looked about a month ago. He's shooting to have it done by July for the NSRA Milwaukee show.

Mike
Till we meet - On the street