Aussie version of the Hot Rod Lincoln

Started by Brootal, April 27, 2004, 10:28:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brootal

Already posted these on the HAMB but I thought you guys would be interested too.

Some of you may have heard of Rod Hadfield. The last car he built was a Merlin powered '55 Chev called "Final Objective". This is his latest creation, just something quick and easy!!! Only took 7 months to slap together.

Here's me looking a little worse for wear after 3 days of catching up with old mates...

A couple of profile shots...

A shot of the donk...

A Rod Rider's view...

...and a closeup of the gauges. On the right is the old mechanical Stewart Warner tach and on the left is a gauge that says "AIR BLOWER". Rod has no idea what it's off.

And of course, a shot of that crazy shifter. Yes that is Rod's hand, complete with Mickey Mouse watch.

So what do y'all think?
Yes it is Grandad\'s Old Rambler!

//www.the-rumbler.com

Bib_Overalls

Wonder if that V12 came out of this Hot Rod Lincoln.  Naw.
An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks

nzsimon

some guys are followers and others like this guy carve their own path

Good to see different cool things cheers
Just because it\'s written down doesn\'t make it true

58 Yeoman

Brootal, I looked and looked, and just couldn't see the engine in that PU. Could you please post a pic with the engine circled, so I can see it.  :lol:  Just kidding. Looks like an engine on wheels.

That's a cool looking Lincoln that Steve posted also. I've got a pic somewhere of  a similar year Lincoln if I can find it. It's not as radical, though.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Brootal

Quote from: "Bib_Overalls"Wonder if that V12 came out of this Hot Rod Lincoln.  Naw.

Man! The Lincoln restorers must be screaming!!! That looks like a gen-yoo-wine Lincoln Continental. I'm pretty sure Rod's engine came out of a "lowly" Lincoln Zephyr.

I sure do love dual square headlights in 40s cars...  :roll:

//www.the-rumbler.com

Bib_Overalls

"Man! The Lincoln restorers must be screaming!!! That looks like a gen-yoo-wine Lincoln Continental. I'm pretty sure Rod's engine came out of a "lowly" Lincoln Zephyr.

I sure do love dual square headlights in 40s cars... "

------------------------------------------------

The "Other Hot Rod Lincoln" belongs to my friend Bill Harris.  He bought it from a gent in Florida 75% finished.  It is a rare car.  1946 I think and one of about 600 made.  When Bill bought the car it was already sitting on a mid 70s ford chassis with a 460 for power.  Bill detailed out the paint and had the flames applied by Darwin's Hot Rod Shop.  He wanted them "almost tacky".  He also had the interior done.  It is a comfortable ride.and always attracts a lot of attention.
An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks

Brootal

Ah that's cheating, using a late model chassis. :)

Almost tacky? Hmmm... Those headlights gotta go... really. Rechrome the bumpers and grille and it would look great, although I imagine cubic $$$ would be required!!!

//www.the-rumbler.com

enjenjo

I know where a Continental is setting, has been for some time. Chopped top, and extensive custom work done by a pro bodyman. It can be bought, but IMHO the car is ugly. I believe this one is on a later chassis too.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Pope Downunder

Quote from: "Brootal"snip ...Some of you may have heard of Rod Hadfield. The last car he built was a Merlin powered '55 Chev called "Final Objective". This is his latest creation, just something quick and easy!!! Only took 7 months to slap together. / quote]

Looks like a fun machine.  Rod has amazing energy and enthusiasm.

Bib_Overalls

Hey Brootal,

I wanted to download your Hot Rod Lincoln pictures to my Idea Cars file.  For some reason they refused to cooperate.  Can you e-mail them to me at stevehansen@cox-internet.com  ?

Appriciate you,

Bib
An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks

Brootal

Quote from: "Bib_Overalls"Hey Brootal,

I wanted to download your Hot Rod Lincoln pictures to my Idea Cars file.  For some reason they refused to cooperate.  Can you e-mail them to me at stevehansen@cox-internet.com  ?

Appriciate you,

Bib

I think the problem is that my website has been up and down a fair bit lately as my ISP (run by a mate of mine) has been upgrading his servers. They should show up again, but I'll email them to you anyway.

//www.the-rumbler.com