ABS indicator light is on

Started by 40ford, March 06, 2007, 10:35:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

40ford

This is not about my street rod, it is a long term project, it is about my daily driver.  I read a post about ABS indicator light coming on in the recent past.  One of the replies said to clean the sensor connections and it would probably cure the light coming on.  I did a search but can't find the post.  My 2000 Buick Century had the ABS brake computer replaced under warranty and then again, this time on my $, a couple of weeks before I read about cleaning the connections.  Boy did I feel like I had been taken.  Now today the light came on again.  If someone could point me to the post, I would appreciate it.  Thanks in advance.

Dave

Check the connections near the frame and also it could be a bad front bearing also. I had that happen on my malibu. I think the post you were refering to was the one i started. The puker can be checked and sometimes it will show a code that set the light off. Like i said i though mine was the wire problem  but then i thought i heard a funny sound in the front so i changed the bearings and it was fixed. How many miles? Mine has 80k on it now and i think my poroblem was at 60k
Dave :arrow:

40ford

100,000 miles.  I had a brake job done at 84,000.  Light comes on some times when I start the car and sometimes it does not.  I will check all the connections and the bearings.  thanks for the reply.