First local car show of the season; Who's heading to Ypsi?

Started by HotRodLadyCrusr, April 28, 2004, 10:30:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HotRodLadyCrusr

This Sunday, May 2 is the 25th annual show and shine that the Ypsi Area Street Rods put on in Riverside park. It's the usual kick off the season party for most of us in the area. There is normally a turnout of around 500-600 cars, depending on the weather. Very large park, river runs throught it, lots of grass and trees, plenty of parking. Lot of resturants and antique shops within a blocks walk of the park. There is a swap meet there as well, alittle on the small size but you never know, you can still find a treasure. Registration is 9am-1pm, $10.00, part of the proceeds go to local charities. Ray Smith, El Vargo, is normally striping at the pavillion. You can't miss his wagon parked right there.

Take Michigan Ave into downtown Yspi.
Turn NORTH onto Huron
Go down a couple of blocks and turn RIGHT on Cross
The park on on your right

If Ray pipes up that he's going we can have a RRT meet and greet at his wagon. I'll bring the cookies  

Also, there is a kickoff party/cruz nite the nite before, Saturday the 1st, from 6-9pm right there in historic Depot Town.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

Dave

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"This Sunday, May 2 is the 25th annual show and shine that the Ypsi Area Street Rods put on in Riverside park. It's the usual kick off the season party for most of us in the area. There is normally a turnout of around 500-600 cars, depending on the weather. Very large park, river runs throught it, lots of grass and trees, plenty of parking. Lot of resturants and antique shops within a blocks walk of the park. There is a swap meet there as well, alittle on the small size but you never know, you can still find a treasure. Registration is 9am-1pm, $10.00, part of the proceeds go to local charities. Ray Smith, El Vargo, is normally striping at the pavillion. You can't miss his wagon parked right there.

Take Michigan Ave into downtown Yspi.
Turn NORTH onto Huron
Go down a couple of blocks and turn RIGHT on Cross
The park on on your right

If Ray pipes up that he's going we can have a RRT meet and greet at his wagon. I'll bring the cookies  

Also, there is a kickoff party/cruz nite the nite before, Saturday the 1st, from 6-9pm right there in historic Depot Town.

If the weather goes like they say count me out. I hate to miss it but I dont do shows in the rain and snow if i can help it..
Dave :wink:

HotRodLadyCrusr

It goes without saying, if it's cold and rainy on Sunday I also won't be attending.  I'll probley stay in bed all day and watch TV.  Something I haven't done in months.......... or I'll clean the garage :roll:

Fat Cat

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"It goes without saying, if it's cold and rainy on Sunday I also won't be attending.  I'll probley stay in bed all day and watch TV.  Something I haven't done in months.......... or I'll clean the garage :roll:

Or sanding on Big Olds some more. He does need attention you know.  :wink:  Or maybe you could sand him some more that is alot of car. And you do know that a paint job is only as good as the foundation. And its cheaper if you do that sanding than if someone else does it right?

HotRodLadyCrusr

Now I'm feeling really "guilty" ..... I guess I'll be sanding ALOT on Sunday if it's raining  :roll:

KustomLincolnLady

we thought about going but, its 2 1/2 hrs one way, and we lose that stupid hour. have lots to do here so rather than have a 5hr drive we will stay home :(   weather not looking to good either. but that could all change.

Dave

Quote from: "KustomLincolnLady"we thought about going but, its 2 1/2 hrs one way, and we lose that stupid hour. have lots to do here so rather than have a 5hr drive we will stay home :(   weather not looking to good either. but that could all change.

2and 1/2 hours??????????? Why you driving so slow>>>
Dave :lol:

KustomLincolnLady

2and 1/2 hours??????????? Why you driving so slow>>>
Dave :lol:[/quote]

Dave, its cause my hot rods not done yet  :roll:   Have to drive the lazyboy!!!  :lol: