Charlie Chops 1940 makes HOT ROD!

Started by Ohio Blue Tip, April 30, 2004, 11:08:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ohio Blue Tip

Congratulations are in order for Charlie as he has a very nice article in HOT ROD magazine this month.
It's his 61 Chevy from a few years back.  Good things come to he that waits.
I'll try to add the link.  Good job Chuck

htp://www.hotrod.com/featuredvehicles/15079/index.html
Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

phat46

Quote from: "Ohio Blue Tip"Congratulations are in order for Charlie as he has a very nice article in HOT ROD magazine this month.
It's his 61 Chevy from a few years back.  Good things come to he that waits.
I'll try to add the link.  Good job Chuck

htp://www.hotrod.com/featuredvehicles/15079/index.html

Congrtas to Charlie, he definately deserves it! However, I don't think the link is working, at least not for me.

beatnik

Congrats Charlie!

Link didn't work for me, try this one:

http://www.hotrod.com/featuredvehicles/15079/

Here's a pic
If I have to explain it to you, You really wouldn?t understand

Ohio Blue Tip

Quote from: "beatnik"Congrats Charlie!

Link didn't work for me, try this one:

Thanks for the link help beatnick.  I didn't see how to do it in the FAQ, could somebody tell a computer challenged old guy How to add a link to a post?
Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

WZ JUNK

Great article Charlie.  I may actually buy a copy of Hot Rod now.  That is a neat car.

I hope we all get to meet up at Indy again this summer.
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

purplepickup

Congratulations Charlie!   That is a very nicely done car.  The color of those wheels has a resemblance to the color on the chassis for the RPU. :wink:

I believe that Denise's Dad's '56 Olds is featured in the June issue of Hot Rod too.  Congratulations to you too Jim if you're reading this. :D
George

Charlie Chops 1940

Thanks guys,

I've read HRM for 50 years or so, and I don't care how blase or nonchalant we are about the car magazines, I think we all have major lust to have one of our own cars in one of them in more than an event cameo role. That was a really fun car and I'm sure the guy who bought it from me will be tickled too. My pal Curt called me today to tell he saw the '61 at  the car wash up in Hesperia where the guy lives, just yesterday -what a coincidence.

When Jeff Koch asked me if he could shoot it, he said the orange stripe and orange wheels is what really caught his eye. The car was shot something like 6 years ago. I figured it had long ago went to the cutting room floor.

What a pleasant surprise. I don't know if it being on the web site means it is in the magazine or not, but it's still a pretty cool thing to this old galoot.

Charlie

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

KustomLincolnLady

It is always a rush when that happens. Congrats Charlie!!!  will you be autographing at the next build day?  :lol:

HotRodLadyCrusr

Congrats Charlie, can't wait to get an issue tonite so I can see for myself.

Yes, George is correct, Dad's '56 Olds is featured in the current issue.  I just found out about an hour ago from a HAMB post, believe it or not.  :lol:

Alittle more background, last summer this photographer from Sweden contacted him and ask him if he'd be willing to do a photo shoot. Both still shots and of the Olds cruzn. Mom and Dad had a fun filled day doing it, never really thinking anything would come of it. Then a couple of months ago Dad got contacted by HRM asking for details about his Olds. Now wala, the feature is in there, just in time for him to hit the highway on Power Tour next month.   I certainly hope he doesn't get into too much trouble with it.  He's going stag with the guys.  :shock:

I'm very proud of him. He spent everyday, all day long, all last winter (03) at Detroit Speed and Engineering doing as much of the work on it as he was capable of and letting the "experts" do what they do best to ensure the car was as comfortable, safe, and fast as possible.  He wanted a pro-touring stance cuz that's what him and my mom are into and he succeed in accomplishing that look. It's a totally * car not only to look at but to drive as well. The handling is so superior to anything I've ever ridden in/driven.

He's driven it thousands of miles already, even drove it to Florida for a month there this winter.  He's got some pretty funny stories about blowing a newer Mustang away in GA while my mother pretends to be reading a book in the passenger seat.  I've personally watched him blow cars away on Woodward on a Saturday nite.  My dads pretty conservative normally but once in a while that 18 year old boy comes out to play.

If you see Dad at a show with it stop by and say "Hi" and tell him your a friend from the RRT.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

Roadstar

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. Congrats  :b-d:

Mikej

Denise, Tell your Dad congrats for me and thanks for letting us drool on it for him when we were in town for the Autorama.