Check this out..

Started by Dave, February 26, 2007, 05:40:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phat rat

Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

slocrow

Yep! Wasn't that info just in Street Rodder?
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

Flipper

I don't like the drag race style ladder bar rear suspension on a street rod.

GPster

I'm no where near being a customer but using the name Pete and Jake you'd think there would be a 4 bar set-up used on a tube front axel. Maybe it has become just a name that is thrown around to impress people with money to throw away. To me it brought to mind a design that made something work correctly. Funny how Gibbons name is back out west. It wasn't that long ago that they had moved to the Carolinas and had gone out of business. I wonder one thing though. To me this is going to be a new manufactured vehicle. It would seem to me that the doors should have some cross-bracing. Would seem like an awful lot of car could get into that opening on a side impact. GPster

Dave

Quote from: "phat rat"So, you ordering one? :shock:

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh NO

Dave

Quote from: "slocrow"Yep! Wasn't that info just in Street Rodder?

I musta had one eye closed again Frank.. i missed it..

tomslik

Quote from: "GPster"I'm no where near being a customer but using the name Pete and Jake you'd think there would be a 4 bar set-up used on a tube front axel. Maybe it has become just a name that is thrown around to impress people with money to throw away. To me it brought to mind a design that made something work correctly. Funny how Gibbons name is back out west. It wasn't that long ago that they had moved to the Carolinas and had gone out of business. I wonder one thing though. To me this is going to be a new manufactured vehicle. It would seem to me that the doors should have some cross-bracing. Would seem like an awful lot of car could get into that opening on a side impact. GPster

so, if it were a t bucket, it'd be a lot safer?
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

tomslik

Quote from: "Flipper"I don't like the drag race style ladder bar rear suspension on a street rod.

they need to be longer....

slocrow

Quote from: "slocrow"Yep! Wasn't that info just in Street Rodder?
I guess I was wrong. It was actually in HotRod, march 07 issue, pg122.
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

GPster

Quote from: "tomslik"
Quote from: "GPster"To me this is going to be a new manufactured vehicle. It would seem to me that the doors should have some cross-bracing. Would seem like an awful lot of car could get into that opening on a side impact. GPster
so, if it were a t bucket, it'd be a lot safer?
Maybe, but if this vehicle is of that company's manufacture rather than self constructed it might be under federal guidelines for side inpact crash resistance. A buyer might not be able to get it licensed or insured. Sorry but I'm suffering in a mood that "If things can go wrong, they will". GPster

tomslik

don't know the  whole story but i ride a bike so i try not to obcess about stuff like that.
are they selling it as a finished car?
prolly more of a kit car type of thing...
i  wonder how the doors are acxtually built (pics realy don'show much...