Wagner brake hoses

Started by Topsterguy, February 15, 2007, 11:18:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Topsterguy

hey Folks!  I've just finished putting a set of the MT Products 39 Lincoln brakes on the front of my roadster, now I need to find brake hoses for them. The part number I was given by "them" (MT) was Wagner 4497, but up here in Canada they don't list it and arent able to cross ref it. Any ideas!!???
"If a man is alone in the forest and speaks, and there\'s no woman around, is he still wrong?"

HemiDeuce

Try D.V. Aldous in Vancouver at 604-876-2226.
HemiDeuce.

enjenjo

If you can give me the end sizes, and length, I can look up a part number for you.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

HemiDeuce

The 4497 Hose has a 7/16"-24 fitting on the Left Side and a 7/16"-20 on the Right side and the overall length is 16 7/8" long.  I believe the Raybestos part Number is the same as the Wagner.

2rods

Raybestos is same number. Get the parts guy to put a BH in front of the number and try that. It is for 30's,40's,50's and some 60's GM trucks. Lordco should have it

Topsterguy

Been away for awhile and just got back to the board,  so thanks for all the info - which didn't surprise me! :wink:
"If a man is alone in the forest and speaks, and there\'s no woman around, is he still wrong?"

Topsterguy

Quote from: "Topsterguy"Been away for awhile and just got back to the board,  so thanks for all the info - which didn't surprise me! :wink:

BUT, seems strange that the threads would be different on each side????

2rods

Not strange really. One side will screw directly into caliper and the other is inverted flare.

Topsterguy

Quote from: "2rods"Not strange really. One side will screw directly into caliper and the other is inverted flare.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, it sounded like the one for the right wheel was diferent thread from the one for the left wheel !