FE ford ac question

Started by tomslik, February 18, 2007, 09:59:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomslik

i need to put together a bid to install a/c in a non-ac 61 t-bird with a 390.
looking for a sanden compressor bracket and maybe a pully or two.
anybody have an idea who might make 'em?
not having much luck with VA....
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

kb426

Totally clueless. Unless you could make an adapter for the factory mount I'd think you're going to have to be the first to do this.
TEAM SMART

enjenjo

I did one a couple years ago, 61 390 in a convertible. I used pulleys and brackets from a Tbird, about the same year. I also used a Sanden compressor, I used a Tbird mounting bracket for a York compressor, with an adapter from Old Air Products to mount the Sanden compressor on the York bracket  http://www.oldairproducts.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=30000000_60000000_69000017&products_id=3538&osCsid=d585859dd9bba823c203d14f1eadcefa

I used an old MarkIV under dash unit I had,worked fine with R134, they are being reproduced now, set up for 134.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

tomslik

factory mount?
got one?
this car didn't EVER have one....
i was afraid i was gonna have to make one, oh well....
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

enjenjo

You can get the factory bracket from anything with a 360/390, like most any 70's truck. You might have to change the water pump too. But the Tbird, or LTD brackets up to about 69 will bolt right in.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

junkyardjeff

I have a 2005 old air products catalog and they had brackets for a FE with a sanden compressor back then and they have a adapter to mount the sanden compressor to york brackets.  Jeff

junkyardjeff

Doahhh it looks like someone else mentioned it