RM paint code conversion

Started by sirstude, February 17, 2007, 10:08:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sirstude

A friend of mine found a color he liked last year in Spokane, but the code he was given was for RM paint.  We do not have an RM dealer here and was wondering if anyone has a conversion to PPG, or Dupont.  The RN code is 1046A.

Thanks
Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

MrMopar64

The paint store used to be able to do that for ya....... :wink:  I haven't had it done for years but you would think with the use of "puters it would be easy today

Good Luck

MM64  8)
www.rgkustoms.com
www.rg-kustoms.com
Racing.... Because Baseball, Football, & Basketball
Only Require One Ball..... Gotta Race
  :lol:

sirstude

Quote from: "MrMopar64"The paint store used to be able to do that for ya....... :wink:  I haven't had it done for years but you would think with the use of "puters it would be easy today

Good Luck

MM64  8)

That's why I was asking, forgot to say, the stores here don't have a conversion.  Might be that the RM code was invalid, kind of asking that too.

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

tom36

I googled R&M paints and came up with this site http://www.rmpaint.net/grandbr/accueil.htm
I entered the formula # you gave and it came back as no formula, so I think the #  you have may be incorrect.  A better way would be to have the make and model car and color ( and the manufactures paint code would be a plus).  But be advised that these days, for any given color there can be a half dozen variants to that color.  If you found a color you liked on a car, it would be best to have a jobber or a body shop try to discern the correct match.  Hope this helps.  Tom...

UGLY OLDS

Try looking here or contacting these guys.....They've helped me in the past....

http://www.tcpglobal.com/autocolorlibrary/
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****