1936 Dodge P.U. info needed

Started by Rayvyn, March 08, 2007, 10:30:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rayvyn

A friend of mine just bought a 1936 Dodge P.U., w/350/400 combo, 9" rear, Camaro front clip, etc, etc. He's got a great looking motor in this thing, but for some reason he wants to put hood sides on the truck and cover it up. I told him he's nuts but that I'd look for them too.

I've exhausted every avenue on the WWW, and everyone I called doesn't have them, and some said thay weren't made for the smaller trucks.

Anyone have a clue where to look next, or who might have a couple laying around. Or does anyone know whether the hood sides from a 36 coupe or sedan would fit without too much trimming? If i'm not mistaken, the 1/2 tons from 36-38 were the same, just different grills.

Thanks in advance... :D
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

moparrodder

Bry,  the PLY-DO catalog I have list32 thru 38 hood sides, Phone #304-475-3245.  The catalog I have is a couple years old but might be worth a call, ya might get lucky.

Bill

Rayvyn

Quote from: "moparrodder"Bry,  the PLY-DO catalog I have list32 thru 38 hood sides, Phone #304-475-3245.  The catalog I have is a couple years old but might be worth a call, ya might get lucky.

Bill

I've tried him already. Nothing in any decent shape that'll fit the truck.
I used to get parts from him for my 37 Plymouth coupe.

Thanks for the tip though... );b(
***SFC-Team Smart***

enjenjo

I have a 38 Plymouth truck in the shop right now, the owner has a source for glass parts for it, I'll ask him about hood sides.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Learpilot

You might try www.rootlieb.com or call them at 209-632-2203. They make hoods and sides for the cars. I do know that the hood sides for the car and truck are different. The hood line for the car goes parallel to the door gap. The truck's hood line gets wider at the bottom.  It may be that the car sides can be cut to the angle of the truck.

Rick Harris

UGLY OLDS

Rick's correct about the cars & trucks being different...I have seen them on "We-Bay" from time to time...Reasonable ,too....I remember pulling my hair out when we did my kid's '37 dodge...Did it again when he "parked" it into the back of a guys p/up  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

choco

I know it's a long way, but, hey, it's do-able if you are desperate!
I have a couple of spare 36 Plymouth hoods, all with good chrome and stainless. I also have the side curtains that I modified for my Plymouth, but I am not going to use them. They were designed for dzus fasteners to hold them in place. I am happy to separate the top and sides of a spare hood for you. I can ship them to LA via one of the regular companies that operates out of LA and Long Beach, or I can ship them via UPS air ($$$$$$$$$).
BTW, I don't want any money for this stuff if you use it on your car.
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Frank Choco Munday, Technical Author
Hot Rod Handbooks

Rayvyn

Quote from: "choco"I know it's a long way, but, hey, it's do-able if you are desperate!
I have a couple of spare 36 Plymouth hoods, all with good chrome and stainless. I also have the side curtains that I modified for my Plymouth, but I am not going to use them. They were designed for dzus fasteners to hold them in place. I am happy to separate the top and sides of a spare hood for you. I can ship them to LA via one of the regular companies that operates out of LA and Long Beach, or I can ship them via UPS air ($$$$$$$$$).
BTW, I don't want any money for this stuff if you use it on your car.

Oh, you sexy little studmuffin you... :D
Remind me to give you a hug this August if you're coming over... :wink:  :D
I will definitely pass along the invitation. I called Rootlieb on Friday and spoke to one of the guys, but he needed exact measurements of the top length of the sides to see if he had a matching pattern or not. I gave the info to my friend, and he measured and called them back right away but never got an answer. They may have been packing up for a show or something. He's going to try again Monday. If he can't come up with anything, I will definitely give you a holler. Thanks Dude... :!:  );b(
***SFC-Team Smart***

choco

There's a container going to Texas (San Antonio, I think) in two weeks, and I can have a complete spare hood in it for you. It will cost about $150 Aussie Dollars (spare change for your Goobers) but you'll have to arrange shipping from the depot to Florida. Maybe a fellow RRTer can pick it up for you? Anyway, I'll PM ya, because I have to get the thing to Sydney from Canberra first.
Frank Choco Munday, Technical Author
Hot Rod Handbooks