#974 and the Red Baron at Starbirds Tulsa show

Started by WZ JUNK, February 15, 2007, 05:23:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WZ JUNK

We got lucky and we were able to park the 974 and the roadster close together.  This is a big show with about a thousand cars in this building.  At one end of the building they have Monster Truck races going on during the show.  The HAMB Dragsters and Agent Orange are also close by.  I think we are going to have a great weekend.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

dragrcr50

Quote from: "WZ JUNK"We got lucky and we were able to park the 974 and the roadster close together.  This is a big show with about a thousand cars in this building.  At one end of the building they have Monster Truck races going on during the show.  The HAMB Dragsters and Agent Orange are also close by.  I think we are going to have a great weekend.

John
John, it looks like we are close by the picture.... Ill be back up prolly fri night , weather permitting and for sure sat all day as we are having an impomptu gasser get together at 2 pm sat at my car agent orange for anyone interested in racin this summer with us... see ya there and also welcome anyone to say Hi..........
ownerWoodard racing and hot rod shop in mustang oklahoma. My  specialty is gassers &  nostalgia race cars , love the salt,

WZ JUNK

Sam, you are a couple of rows over and on the other side of building from us.  I stopped by your car and the HAMB Dragster display and I visited with Ted for a minuet.  I will see you Saturday afternoon.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck

kb426

I had no idea that show was that big. It's almost 400 miles from me but I've done way worse. The weather is sucking here still. I have ice on the roads all week. It's made it real hazardous to do anything. I hope you guys have a great time. If there's any beer drinking, hoist one for the fools that don't get to go. :lol:
TEAM SMART

dragrcr50

Quote from: "kb426"I had no idea that show was that big. It's almost 400 miles from me but I've done way worse. The weather is sucking here still. I have ice on the roads all week. It's made it real hazardous to do anything. I hope you guys have a great time. If there's any beer drinking, hoist one for the fools that don't get to go. :lol:
should be no problem,  I drove in to okc last night and it took nearly 4 hours to go 100 miles on the turnpike, slick and windy pulling my trailer.... where is summer??????????
ownerWoodard racing and hot rod shop in mustang oklahoma. My  specialty is gassers &  nostalgia race cars , love the salt,

Dave

Quote from: "dragrcr50"
Quote from: "kb426"I had no idea that show was that big. It's almost 400 miles from me but I've done way worse. The weather is sucking here still. I have ice on the roads all week. It's made it real hazardous to do anything. I hope you guys have a great time. If there's any beer drinking, hoist one for the fools that don't get to go. :lol:
should be no problem,  I drove in to okc last night and it took nearly 4 hours to go 100 miles on the turnpike, slick and windy pulling my trailer.... where is summer??????????

Be careful.. But have fun :wink:
Dave

HotRodLadyCrusr

I just heard a new bubbletop is debuting there.  White with green trimings.  Could someone take some high res photos and post them?  

Have fun and fill us in on the details afterwards.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"I just heard a new bubbletop is debuting there.  White with green trimings.  Could someone take some high res photos and post them?  

Have fun and fill us in on the details afterwards.

I plan to take my camera with me tomorrow.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck