powder coat versus paint

Started by oiler, February 03, 2007, 09:37:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Well I guess powder coat is ok and getting better all the time but its not for me ,not yet anyway. i just got thru ordering a bunch of paint and body supplys for the roadster. Im thinking in a couple weeks here ill have it back apart and be ready to get the frame out for blasting then i need to fill a few welds smooth out the front rails a bit epoxy prime and hi fill prime and hopefully by then ill have a color picked out and finish paint the frame. Oh ya i gotta get the ibeam blasted as well as the 8 inch rear. It would have to be blasted tor powder too so no biggie.
Dave :arrow:

nzsimon

The chassis of the 32 is at the painters after sending it to the sandblasters

the outside of the rail is going to be black to match the body with the inside of the rails top and bottom black with a very high density of purple pearl which should set off all the polished stainless well otherwise looking under it would be black on black a bit boring

will psot pics when it is painted
Just because it\'s written down doesn\'t make it true

btrc

A guy here in town does powdercoating as a second job in his home garage.  He was telling me he found that if he preheats the parts a little in the oven before he coats them that it eliminates most of the orange peel.  He just did an intake for me in clear and it did come out very nice, smooth and shiney.

Bob
Bob