Chrome plating choices?

Started by 48builder, February 09, 2007, 12:37:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

48builder

Just before I left for Iraq, I had my local Keystone distributor send my new rear bumpers to their facility in Minnesota. They said it would take about 8 weeks which worked out perfect. Well, they said they could not do them. I guess they only do original equipment stuff, and then only if it is in good shape to begin with.

I made these bumpers by cutting the ends off two bumpers, then welding two short end pieces together to make a split bumper setup for the back. I also welded the bolts in for a smooth look. They are pitted in spots, and of course the welds need to be ground and smoothed.

I know that Denise used Advanced plating and they do nice work. Are they the only place I should consider, or does anybody know of someplace else I should check in to?

Thanks

Walt
'48 Chevy Custom sedan in progress-Z28 LT1 drivetrain, chopped, shortened, too many other body mods to list
'39 Chevy driver

enjenjo

Custom chrome in Grafftin Ohio. They do outstanding work. they are on the top end on price, but they can work wonders. You can arrange to send your bumpers, and they will give you a quote before starting. They will give you a choice of quality levels, but their regular job will put most show chrome to shame.

You can save some money by having the welds finished, and the pits filled before you send them. brass works fine.

If you have them do them, there is a waiting list, usually 3 to 4 months, but on a difficult job, it's worth the wait.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

48builder

Quote from: "enjenjo"Custom chrome in Grafftin Ohio. They do outstanding work..

Thanks, Frank. I'll give them a call.
'48 Chevy Custom sedan in progress-Z28 LT1 drivetrain, chopped, shortened, too many other body mods to list
'39 Chevy driver

Dirk35

Not to hijack the post, but:

Frank, what do you guess (roughly) that they would charge to Straighten the bent bars, fix the crank hole, and replate my 34 Grille?

Basically Im asking your (and anybody else's opnion) if I should just get the $2K Bob Drank Repo and sell mine, or if it would actually be cheaper to repair this grille?

enjenjo

I would guess $800 to plate it. Straightening, is another story. I would be inclined to find a local to do the repairs.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.