The 37s first run..and

Started by Pep, January 30, 2007, 11:53:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pep

Well it was the first time I took the 37 to mingle with other rods. The event was about 260Kms from home. 3 day event and 160 odd cars. She ran great except the brake issue I had when it went to the trimmers came back. No big problem as I had some tools this time......but....I was shocked to win top open car at the run :shock:  I didn't build it for shows, but I did say if other rodders like it and vote for it, good and well....I am pleased they like it.
See Ya
Pep

enjenjo

Good job PEP. I'm voting for the booster pushrod being too long
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Pep

Thanks mate...yeah, if I keep backing it off, then it's bound to end up the right length :wink:
See Ya
Pep

beatnik

Looks Great  :b-d:  You can't go wrong with shiney black paint and polished stainless trim.
If I have to explain it to you, You really wouldn?t understand

Okiedokie

It looked like a winner to me when you posted your "after trimmer" shots. Now you have just confirmed it. Joe

Looks like a winner to me also! Congratulations!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

Crosley.In.AZ

good deal.

looks good , hope you are having fun
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

moparrodder

Pep, it sure makes all the hard work worth it when ya take it out for it's first show and are picked for an award. 8)  It sure looks cool, ya did good!!!!

Bill

Pep

Thanks guys.....much appreciated.  I know it wasn't built as a show car, it wouldn't pass the close up test, but to have it sort of recognised by your peers is something special. Considering it was built in a relatively small garage by someone that wasn't sure of what he was doing is proof that other guys could achieve their dreams. To build, then drive your creation with other rods is something special. I got enjoyment from driving the 34, but I didn't build that...This is different. Knowing every inch, every nut and bolt and having relatively minor issues ( at present :wink: )is just amazing. To drive it for miles to a run, and get back home with everything working as it was meant to is a great feeling. Sure, I have some issues to iron out, but I did expect more hassles. I have been looking at all the rod runs and will try and get to as many as possible. Not for any trophies, I really don't care about them ( honestly ), it's just the pleasure of driving it and mingling with other rodders in my creation.
See Ya
Pep

Dirk35

Looks Beautiful! You did good!

Bruce Dorsi

Quote from: "Pep"Considering it was built in a relatively small garage by someone that wasn't sure of what he was doing is proof that other guys could achieve their dreams.

Remember, Pep, the only difference between you and a "professional" is experience!  

You do nice work, Al, but you are a tad slow!   :roll:  :lol:

Enjoy the praise, you deserve it!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If being smart means knowing what I am dumb at,  I must be a genius!

TJ's Dad

I'm yet to see the 37 in the flesh but for those who havent seen the build have a look at Pep's Website , its very interesting .

Pep is one of Aust's prominent Rodders and as the build up shows very innovative.

Ist Run , 1st Trophy says it all .... Well Done Pep !  :wink:
I\'d rather a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomomy !!!

ASRF Life Member

VHRA Member.

Dave

Pep.... That thing is nice.. You should be proud.....
Dave

Pep

Quote from: "TJ's Dad"I'm yet to see the 37 in the flesh but for those who havent seen the build have a look at Pep's Website , its very interesting .

Pep is one of Aust's prominent Rodders and as the build up shows very innovative.

Ist Run , 1st Trophy says it all .... Well Done Pep !  :wink:

Thanks Mike, I think you are too kind....prominent rodder :shock: ...geez, I like to keep in background  and keep a low frofile mate...innovative, well maybe a tad...I tend to do things my own way and sometimes come up with something different. That is why I could never be a restorer...no margin for creativity IMHO.

Bruce...yeah I'm as slow as a wet weekend but tenacious...or maybe to stupid to give up, I haven't worked it out :wink:  :D
See Ya
Pep