Good things do happen

Started by enjenjo, January 31, 2007, 10:17:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

As most of you know I blew the engine in my Concord last summer in Nevada. The head gasket blew, and I kept driving it. The mechanic out there told me the bores were scored, and it would need a rebore. I have been looking for an engine, without much luck, and was getting discouraged.

The other day a buddy called, and said he found a fresh rebuild that I could get a deal on. The guy who had it turned out to be my engine builder! I went to see him yesterday, he showed me the receipts on it, nearly $2000, every rotating part is new. Complete less carb and intake. Painted even! I got it for 1/2 price. Now to get it shipped out there.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

GPster

The hard part is going to be getting the old one back here to save the "Core Charge". Maybe during the RRT BBQ rebuild we can figure out a way to set it where the propane tanks go. It would be close enough to the axel that the weight would be centered. Of course, if you get someting to pull it, Dave will have that 24' closed trailer and he said he's going to Bonneville this year (I'd better stop here, I don't know if winter salt on the roads in Michigan is the same as August salt in Utah). GPster

Dave

:lol:  :lol: Remember Joe I can take it :!:  the problem is my choice of vehicles even if i did have a 24 foot enclosed trailer. Our choices are ..The coupe ,The roadster if its done and the Harley.. Now correct me if im wrong Joe but im not sure that any of them are going to tow the trailer. :?:  I do have a ride for the salt though so i dont have to worry bout getting that junk on the cars or the bike :) . keep thinking..... your doing good :wink:
Dave :arrow:  :!:  :arrow:

enjenjo

The best part Joe, there was no core charge!!! So Dave can haul his trailer queen in peace. :lol:

GPster

Quote from: "enjenjo"Dave can haul his trailer queen in peace. :lol:
I think he missed this part of the options. Now if Shelby had her Drivers License. GPster

Dave

Quote from: "GPster"
Quote from: "enjenjo"Dave can haul his trailer queen in peace. :lol:
I think he missed this part of the options. Now if Shelby had her Drivers License. GPster

No joe i noticed frank didnt say anything bout a core charge but i couldnt let you get away with messin with me without a reply..... :wink:
Dave

SKR8PN

Quote from: "enjenjo"Now to get it shipped out there.

Frank..........go to  http://www.uship.com/  and sign up.

I need an 800lb  BBQ smoker shipped from Georgia to Ohio,so I signed up. Got a quote for 300.00 !!!

If that doesn't work for you,the next best quote I had was from R&L transfer. :wink:
If we are what we eat.........
Then I am fast,cheap and easy.

enjenjo

Quote from: "SKR8PN"
Quote from: "enjenjo"Now to get it shipped out there.

Frank..........go to  http://www.uship.com/  and sign up.

I need an 800lb  BBQ smoker shipped from Georgia to Ohio,so I signed up. Got a quote for 300.00 !!!

If that doesn't work for you,the next best quote I had was from R&L transfer. :wink:

I can still get a discount rate from where I used to work. $35 per 100 lbs, anywhere in the 48