I'm home......and some new pics!

Started by 48builder, January 31, 2007, 08:09:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

48builder

I got home from Iraq last week, and have been trying to get adjusted since then. I have been waking up at 0300 and falling asleep at 2200. I am sure glad my tour was only 45 days. I had enough. I didn't like getting mortars and rockets shot at me, and when I volunteered at the hospital, I didn't like seeing all the blood and injured guys. Early in January, a team of three EOD guys from the base I was at got killed while trying to dearm an IED. Come to find out, the team leader was the younger brother of the wife of a guy I work with back here.

Enough of that. It's time to get back to work. Just before I left I had to return my Lowe's compressor. It worked fine for a few weeks, and then one day flames started shooting out of the motor. I took it back, and while I was in Iraq I ordered a 5 running HP, 2-stage Bel-Aire that should provide all the air I ever need.

Here are a couple pics I took just before I left for Iraq. I have to adjust the front-end pieces, so ignore the mis-alignment. I just bolted everything on so I could take the pics.

Now I just need it to warm up here a little, Brrr.

Walt
'48 Chevy Custom sedan in progress-Z28 LT1 drivetrain, chopped, shortened, too many other body mods to list
'39 Chevy driver

enjenjo

Glad you made it home in one piece!!!

Looking good. What's the plan for tail lights?
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

EMSjunkie

Welcome home. :D

thanks for keeping the rest of us safe 8)

ride looks pretty sweet :)

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

Crosley.In.AZ

thanks for your service.

the car has a good start on it.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

Dirk35

Glad you made it back safe and sound. I have been lucky so far and have only been deployed once, and only for a mere year to Ft. Sill as aDrill Sergeant since Sept 11. Im in a MP unit that has been deployed CONUS once for  a year and once to Iraq now, and they keep us on the edge of the rumor mill of going again.

Car looks good. Not crazy about the mirrors, but the rear of it looks great!

Pep

Glad you got out of there alive.....seems like a sh-t hole of a place to be in. I bet you are glad to be back home, safe and well. Now concentrate on that rod and have some fun :wink:
See Ya
Pep

Bruce Dorsi

Aaaaah, ...there's no place like home!

WELCOME  BACK, WALT!!

Luce & I have been worrying about you!  .....We heard that some units from NY State were having their tours extended for a few more months.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If being smart means knowing what I am dumb at,  I must be a genius!

48builder

Quote from: "enjenjo"Glad you made it home in one piece!!!

Thanks. The taillights are mid-80's Corvette tunnneled intot he back.
'48 Chevy Custom sedan in progress-Z28 LT1 drivetrain, chopped, shortened, too many other body mods to list
'39 Chevy driver

kb426

TEAM SMART

enjenjo

Quote from: "48builder"
Quote from: "enjenjo"Glad you made it home in one piece!!!

Thanks. The taillights are mid-80's Corvette tunnneled intot he back.

There is a truck tail light, Trucklite brand, that is the same diameter, and LED if you want to go that route.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

jaybee

Welcome home, glad you're back in one piece.  Can't wait to see some more updates on the project.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

Dave

Good to see ya back. I held down the place while you were gone  :wink: It went wel.. no fights and no one got outta hand :lol:  I think i scared em pretty good :shock:  Its really cold here and talk bout crummy weather :!:  I broke down and ran my truck thru the car wash after work then put it in the garage. The wifes car is a real mess and thats next on the list. Sometimes snow on the ground or not its still gotta be done. I hate to waste 7 bucks on the wash but..........
Hey the car looks good now get to work...
Dave :wink:  :!:  :arrow:

KustomLincolnLady

Quote from: "jusjunk"Good to see ya back. I held down the place while you were gone  :wink: It went wel.. no fights and no one got outta hand :lol:  I think i scared em pretty good :shock:  
Dave :wink:  :!:  :arrow:

Dave are you drinking again  :lol:  :shock:

Glad you made it home safe, I can't even begin to imagine what its like there!! as others have said thanks for serving your country and keeping us all safe!!
can't wait to watch the progress on the car!!

Debb