Ford C-6 Questions

Started by ONE37TUDOR, May 05, 2008, 08:50:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONE37TUDOR

OK, here's the problem. When accelerating at normal speed the transmission upshifts from low to second then high very quickly.
usually it is in high by 15 to 18 MPH.
I can adjust the kick down to the point that any slightest push on the gas will make it kick down but as soon as any pressure on the pedal is released it will shift back up.

This is a 66 C-6 behind a 428 and I have used a 3.00 and 3.50 rear gear with no apparent change in the shift.

So the question is, what function does the modulator serve? And what does the small screw inside the vaccuum fitting do if anything for the shift points?
Is there any other adjustment for shift points that I have missed?

Thanks for any help on this.

Scott...
SCOTT,  slow moving, slow talking, no typing SCOTT

phat46

The screw inside the modulator will change the upshift speeds, I asked this same question last year on here and i can't remember whcih direction of the screw has which effect  :oops: ...and I need to know again to lengthen my 1-2 shift. I'm sure Crosley will bail us out again!

Crosley.In.AZ

thread the screw "in"  to add preload to the modulator spring... this may make the shifts later.

it is also possible the governor is sticky - stuck causing the early shift points.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

ONE37TUDOR

If I adjust the screw in, I assume several turns would have a noticable affect, and see no change I could assume the governor is stuck?

And thanks for the help and reply.

Scott...
SCOTT,  slow moving, slow talking, no typing SCOTT