River Ranch - Florida January 26-27

Started by Grandadeo, January 10, 2007, 12:12:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HotRodLadyCrusr

I just got off the phone with Mom to see if they are going and she said real good chance.  Now I noticed the dates you posted reflect a Friday and Saturday show.  Is this correct?  Mom has your name and the name of the club you hang with, along with Bryan's.  Mom will not hesitate to walk up to any of your club members and ask for "Lee".  They will be in their orange and cream '48 Ford coupe with of course Michigan plates.  If you see them please introuduce yourself.

And after rereading and explaining where this place is I guess it's really close to where Mom and Dad are.  I guess they are just outside of Lake Wales.  In fact Mom said they are heading to Lake Wales for dinner tonight.  

Thanks again for the info.  My folks look forward to meeting you. 8)
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

Grandadeo

Sounds great Denise, I'm looking forward to meeting them. If they're near Lake Wales they can't be more than about 30 miles away.  Will keep an eye out for them and save a parking spot.  The meet is Friday and Saturday mainly because there is on-site lodging and they take advantage of the Friday night rodeo and other activities going on.  A lot of people just go for the Saturday show and swap.  That's what we do.  Will be there with my wife so should work out great, but it sounds like your mom would have no trouble fitting in anywhere.  

Lee
Salt Is Good... Mk 9:50

HotRodLadyCrusr

So should I tell them that Saturday would be the better day to attend then?

Just to let you know, Mom's name is Eleanor and Dad's name is Jim BUT Dad's LOVES to be addressed as "Denise's Dad" :lol:

Grandadeo

Sorry I didn't make that clear.  Yes Saturday is the day.  Friday is just the arrival day for those staying at River Ranch and there are some evening activities.  Actually I've never been there on Friday but I'm sure the crowd is on the thin side.  Unless they are REAL close or just bored on Friday I'd tell them to go on Saturday.  Plus, so far the weather for Saturday looks like its going to be great.

Lee

HotRodLadyCrusr

I just got off the phone with Mom again....boy is it nice when she's in Florida yet at the end of an area code the same as me....I LOVE cell phones. 8)   Anyway, they will be there and would appreicate a parking space near you if possible.  What car/cars should they be on the look out for? What's a good time for them to arrive?

Grandadeo

I'll be in my '32 Ford hiboy roadster.  Black with black & white interior, black steelies with wide whites, and  a lot a rock chips.  I just gotta learn how to post pictures here.  I thought I might be able to copy one of it to a pm but no dice.  I am going to be parked under the trees.  If its set up as in the past, as they go through registration the main hot rod parking area will be on their right in an open area in front of the hotel and saloon.  Have them keep going straight and I should be parked towards the end of that open area but next to the road under the trees, just before they get to a right turn.  That is if I get there early enough to get that spot.  At any rate I will save them a spot.  Looking forward to meeting them, too bad you couldn't take a week off in the sun but I remember you saying you have your vacation time already set for this year at B-ville.  But we'll try and make the Rumblers.

Lee

HotRodLadyCrusr

Very cool!  I called Mom...again, trust me she loves it, and read her the exact message and she wrote eveything down.  Save them a spot, they will find you when they pull in.

Grandadeo

What a beautiful day at the Ranch.  We hit the road at 6:00 AM and got there just before 8:00, in time to snag a few parking spots under the trees.  Shade is good, even in the winter.  Was able to save a spot for Denise's Dad and Mom, Jim and Eleanor.  Enjoyed meeting and spending some time with them.    I think they got the long distance award.  They were gone when I got back to the spot from the door prize drawings.  Hope we'll run into each other again before they head back north.  Bryan and his Posse made the scene and I believe had a good time.  I got to babysit my new grandson while my wife, daughter, and granddaughter went horseback riding.  About 330 or so cars and a small, as usual, swap meet.  Ya'll need to put this one on your calender if you do any future wintering in Florida.  Same goes for you other Florida RRTers.

Lee

Rayvyn

Lee, thanks for the heads up and the invite.
We had a really good day there. Nice setting, great bunch of rods of all shapes, years and sizes, and friendly people. (There was that couple from out of town in the cream and orange car though. I asked if they were Denise's folks and they said "Denise who?"  It looks like they were having fun in sunny 72* Florida... :D )

I can see the word getting out and the show getting bigger every year. And gosh knows they have alot more ground than Louisville does to fit the cars in. A family atmosphere, great weather and hot rods-what a way to spend a day... :!:

BTW Lee,,,I notice you didn't come right out and say that my raffle tickets were no good. Either they were as lucky as my lottery tickets were that night, or else I'm the proud owner of that new Silverado givaway truck but no one's talkin... :evil:  :wink:  :D

And I shook down the dude at the flea market that sold me those dead Panasonic batteries last week, the ones I replaced the dead ones in my camera with.  I threatened bodily harm and accused him of being one step above Best Buy by chargng me full price for dead batteries and not disclosing that they were bad... :wink:  :wink:
He refunded my dollar in a happy manner... :D

See ya soon... :D
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

Grandadeo

Bryan, oh yeah, your raffle tickets.  Looks like some of my luck rubbed off on you.  I've bought enough Daytona raffle tickets over the years to build my own give away car.  In other words, you didn't win nuttin.  Glad you had a good time.  Had fun on the way home.  The family wanted to go to the outlet mall over in Vero so we went due east on 60 rather than taking the turnpike south.  After that, Lynda and I were heading south on US-1 when my carb return  spring decided to break.  Love shuting the engine off when its up there in RPMs.  A quick roadside repair and we finished the trip home with a scenic drive along the Indian River.  Got home before sunset.  I know you folks are getting tired of hearing it, but, just another hum drum day in paradise.

Lee

HotRodLadyCrusr

My folks had a wonderful time.  Mom called a couple of times and said they were having a great time and that it was realy nice meeting you Lee and your family.  Thanks so much for saving them a space with your group.  They enjoyed the company and yes, they did "win" long distance which was a $25 prize.  

I've been checking airfares daily so hopefully I'll be down there soon.  I'll of course let you know.

Thanks again for being so kind to my folks, much apprecaited.

Mom didn't mention a word about Bryan.....hey sweetie, were they gone before you got there??

river1

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"Mom didn't mention a word about Bryan.....hey sweetie, were they gone before you got there??

well you know what they say, "if you can't say something nice don't say anything at all". :wink:  :wink:

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Rayvyn

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"My folks had a wonderful time.  Mom called a couple of times and said they were having a great time and that it was realy nice meeting you Lee and your family.  Thanks so much for saving them a space with your group.  They enjoyed the company and yes, they did "win" long distance which was a $25 prize.  

I've been checking airfares daily so hopefully I'll be down there soon.  I'll of course let you know.

Thanks again for being so kind to my folks, much apprecaited.

Mom didn't mention a word about Bryan.....hey sweetie, were they gone before you got there??

Yeah, I met them when I snuck up behind Lee and his wife.  We talked about 56 for a short while. I saw them later on walking amongst the cars too. I stopped to say goodbye when I left, but they were out having fun. I left my # with Lee to give them in case they're over this way in the future. I think you have it also... :D
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

enjenjo

QuoteI think you have it also

We got your number all right :shock:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Rayvyn

Quote from: "enjenjo"
QuoteI think you have it also

We got your number all right :shock:

Oh Oh... :shock: