Crosley.In.AZ

Sold for 51k on the auction.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

sirstude

somebody got a really good deal!
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

moparrodder

Yup, it sure looked good, even the announcers liked it. At least we got to see it and didn't get sold during a commerical.

Bill

Crosley.In.AZ

IMHO  the auction yapper did not work the car long enough.
Tony

moparrodder

kinda what I thought, like he was in a hurry to get to the next car.

Bill

Glen

Yes, I had some guys tell me they were trying to get another bid in and were unable to......I didnt see the typical "last call" warning either.

The $ did stall out early at 30K and then started running again and that doesnt help in the total time on the block.

That being said, Im happy with the final number.

1FATGMC

Quote from: "Glen"Yes, I had some guys tell me they were trying to get another bid in and were unable to......I didnt see the typical "last call" warning either.

The $ did stall out early at 30K and then started running again and that doesnt help in the total time on the block.

That being said, Im happy with the final number.

If you are happy then we are happy for you :D .  I wouldn't have the guts or nerves to do it.

I guess I'm a risk taker, but a different kind of risk  :wink:

c ya,

Sum

Dave

I missed it :(  Gald your happy . I dont have the wallys to put a car up there with no reserve :!:  I actually thought the 32 roadster went high. I didnt like it. :
Dave 8)

sirstude

Glen, I am glad that worked for you, it sure looked good under the lights.

What is next in the hopper, 4 wheel wise?

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

Glen

Quote from: "sirstude"What is next in the hopper, 4 wheel wise?

Doug

Thanks for the compliments.  I dont plan to build anything in the next year.  IF.....In the rare case I find a stock 64 bel air or a shell of a Model A sedan I would stuff it in the garage until next year. :wink:

For right now the wife-y has a new parking spot in the garage.

Congrats,Glen! I'd like to hear your thoughts on the whole B/J Auction experience sometime.I've been a couple of times but not since it's been totally "No Reserve".I read somewhere that a pretty large percentage of the cars are bought back by their owners since going to this format.Your observations??
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "Glen"
Quote from: "sirstude"What is next in the hopper, 4 wheel wise?

Doug

Thanks for the compliments.  I dont plan to build anything in the next year.  IF.....In the rare case I find a stock 64 bel air or a shell of a Model A sedan I would stuff it in the garage until next year. :wink:

For right now the wife-y has a new parking spot in the garage.

Make sure she remembers to open the garage dooor before backing up!

:twisted:
Tony

reborn55

Super nice car--congrats